Living in fear seems to be normal
and that is a shame
The golden years have become
a fearful time.

Bob, at 74​

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Don't worry about things you cannot control and take care of the things you can.

Your anxiety level will go way down. Alles Gute zum Geburtstag.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't worry about things you cannot control and take care of the things you can.

Your anxiety level will go way down. Alles Gute zum Geburtstag.
Paldies.​

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Old age can be scary, but when ya consider it, death is an event we all must face. No exceptions. Are ya scared of the actual event of dying or of what lies beyond? If ya don't trust what you have believed in all your life, maybe consider what it's worth or what it's based upon.
All men will face death at some point in their lives. Children, women and men alike have all gone to that threshold, some whimpering and begging and others totally at piece with their obvious path.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,310 Posts
Happy belated Birthday ! :)

Oh wait, we have a B day thread, damn I did it again. :p

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
A few years ago, a week or so before surgery with a mortality rate in the single digits, I was struck by what a wonderous place we live in. What a joy it is to live on this planet, in this country, in this state. The colors, the smells, the sounds are pretty amazing when you think about it. A mortality rate in the single digits isn’t really all that bad, but it’s certainly not as good as day to day life. I went onto the surgery with a bit of apprehension, but without fear.

I guess what I’m trying to say Bob is: Don’t fear the future. Enjoy the now.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
"The only thing to fear is fear itself"

I honestly use this one alot. Have for years. it has given me the gumption to push through with something when in reality I was shaking in my boots.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Happy Birthday, Bob. You’ll have many more. No fear. Yes, many of us are going to go through some stuff, but we’ll make it, for better or worse.

“When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in.”
Haruki Murakami

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
A saying that I've tried to apply to me more than once, "Worry is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere."

I'll be 73 next weekend, and I'm concerned what do I do if my wife goes first. But I don't worry about it. I know that God cares for me and will continue to do so. There's peace in that knowledge. :)

Happy birthday Bob, and happy 50th. This year is our 50th also. :smilie_daumenpos:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts