Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with an online hobby shop called "The Western Depot" in Yuba City, CA? They have a few things that are out-of-stock at my usual places. :confused:

·
Registered
182 Posts
In cause of that would be something you are looking for "out of stock" than it will be a nice idea to have a look on Walthers and if there would be anything "out of stock", too, than the will give you local hobbyshops who ordered that product in the past. It can happen that they will have of what you are looking for.

Sometimes it can happen that temporally "out of stock" articles of products are still in re-production again and the hobby shop does not know about of it.

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with an online hobby shop called "The Western Depot" in Yuba City, CA? They have a few things that are out-of-stock at my usual places. :confused:
Yes. I've bought a lot from them. They are a good place that has never done me wrong. Service and shipping are slower than others (Pat's Trains, Modetrainstuff) but they are the place to go for old NIB K-Line stuff - gobs of it and good prices!!!.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. When I was a little kid I collected Matchbox cars - at ~ $8.00 each I can collect N scale Oxford Die-Cast. :)

·
Registered
521 Posts

wife and I know the owners personally this is a very good business to deal with.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone - lots of N scale treasures, and nice people. :thumbsup:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
I have bought from them too, I had no problems and I have no complaints.
A OK in my book. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, next question: does anyone have any experience with Fifer Hobby? I believe "Mr. Fifer" used to be a member here. :confused:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yes, I’ve bought from Fifer. No problems, seemed fine. This was probably through eBay and I don’t remember exactly what it was.

·
Registered
301 Posts
OK, next question: does anyone have any experience with Fifer Hobby? I believe "Mr. Fifer" used to be a member here. :confused:
Yes I have bought from them. I bought a locomotive and a few other things and never had a problem. Ships fast. You can also look him up on youtube under fifer hobby.:smilie_daumenpos:

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
From my experience Mike and Robin Fifer run a good business. I sent him two N-scale locos to put DCC sound boards in. He did a good job and returned them to me quickly.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's come to this . . . not only do I know what a "Humber Super Snipe" (an English car) is, but Fifer Hobby had two different Oxford Diecast models and I just ordered one of each. And some ready-to-use cast resin structures I'd never seen before. Thank you again. :):thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Speaking of Fifer Hobby I watched his video on the Kato Sound Box. Ordered one and was delivered in three days. Excellent service, in my opinion.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, next question: (and hopefully not off-topic). Does anyone here use an online military models shop? I've found a "British N scale" Oxford Diecast military vehicle I'd like to have that isn't in Walther's catalog. And no, not a half-track. A WWII-era motorcycle & sidecar in RAF colors. :)

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
OK, next question: (and hopefully not off-topic). Does anyone here use an online military models shop? I've found a "British N scale" Oxford Diecast military vehicle I'd like to have that isn't in Walther's catalog. And no, not a half-track. A WWII-era motorcycle & sidecar in RAF colors. :)
Well, I've used Flying Mule a bunch of times, also Freetime hobbies

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks, Lee - it is at The Flying Mule, and I'm going to order the RAF Mini while I'm at it. I grew up with the UK-made Lesney Matchbox vehicles along with Hot Wheels; so Oxford Diecast vehicles are welcome on my layout :):thumbsup:

Update: Done!

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Thanks, Lee - it is at The Flying Mule, and I'm going to order the RAF Mini while I'm at it. I grew up with the UK-made Lesney Matchbox vehicles along with Hot Wheels; so Oxford Diecast vehicles are welcome on my layout :):thumbsup:

Update: Done!
I have a lot of Oxford diecast. Nice models many of them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts