Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just looked at members online, and it said i was the only one ..
is this place dying out ?? i have other forums that i check, but it's sad that this place is diyng ..

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
It's now 10pm Pacific time and there are 6 members and 209 guests online. No idea if that is good or bad but I sure hope most of our members in the east are sleeping at this time of night.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I'm always logged in. On about four machines and my phone. I don't know why only you showed up.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
why does this bother a few of you so much????
I wonder why too. Over and over the same question gets asked. By the same people? I don't know.

A big reason is that no one shows is since they changed the format there is no need to log in.
You can do ANYTHING but post.
I brought this up to the Admin's when they were changing, but they don't care. They said it is a public forum and all should see all.
It is like they don't want new members signing up?

One thing they did do I see, I don't know when, is if you are not logged in Union Station will not show.
And.......there is something else in settings that may be the cause of no one showing as logged in.
I am not going to tell what that is.

The site is not dying.
You should have seen the site back when I joined, ( 2009 ) it has come a long way since then.
Though I wish the guy's who started this forum were still in charge. :cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, while waiting on the wife for something, I pop in to read up. When one gets bored, because there isn't anything interesting or fun to read, one starts wondering why there's less to see, then where did everyone go...

Excuse me for being curious....

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
He also posted this thread in the wrong forum.
It should be in Union Station.
He has made similar threads on this subject before. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good morning all,

I just checked in on my lunch break but didn't log in at first, only when I wanted to add in on the conversation. I believe part of it is like hockey in Canada, costs become prohibitive to somethings. Every one is on different budgets and I believe that this is the case for model trains as well. Many of us still love them and always will, yes you can find some deals on ebay, but I know since I have started this year and started looking, I have only seen one deal and that was from suppliers that i am not really sure about and a lot from these 3D printers....quality stuff does often cost cash and I think not everyone has the disposable income all of the time. That could be a big part of the reason I believe. $379 I think for a train starter set now In Halifax last time I was at the hobby store. Numbers could be a bit off, but this is not going to be affordable by many. I have used many of your tips and bought some used stuff last time at the LHS, but still saving for next growth spurt, debating more plywood, styrofoam $50 per sheet x 10 roughly for my layout or simple painting of my plywood and nailing all at one elevation.....and i am not poor, but do live on a budget.....other activities as well....but everything is expensive for sure in my opinion.

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
Good morning all,

I just checked in on my lunch break but didn't log in at first, only when I wanted to add in on the conversation. I believe part of it is like hockey in Canada, costs become prohibitive to somethings. Every one is on different budgets and I believe that this is the case for model trains as well. Many of us still love them and always will, yes you can find some deals on ebay, but I know since I have started this year and started looking, I have only seen one deal and that was from suppliers that i am not really sure about and a lot from these 3D printers....quality stuff does often cost cash and I think not everyone has the disposable income all of the time. That could be a big part of the reason I believe. $379 I think for a train starter set now In Halifax last time I was at the hobby store. Numbers could be a bit off, but this is not going to be affordable by many. I have used many of your tips and bought some used stuff last time at the LHS, but still saving for next growth spurt, debating more plywood, styrofoam $50 per sheet x 10 roughly for my layout or simple painting of my plywood and nailing all at one elevation.....and i am not poor, but do live on a budget.....other activities as well....but everything is expensive for sure in my opinion.
Well, the high cost of trains and related materials should not keep people from talking about them and exchanging information and ideas......participating on this forum is FREE!

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
So tell me what was so offensive to you in that post? You didn’t even participate in it.....
Yes, I respect the rules.
You know why you posted I am not going to go back and forth with you on it.
You, are an instigator.
Enough said. :cool:

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
Pardon me for trying to point out facts, but there is not one word in there from me that violates any forum rules....so instigate that....

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It's now 10pm Pacific time and there are 6 members and 209 guests online. No idea if that is good or bad but I sure hope most of our members in the east are sleeping at this time of night.
I check in several times a day; I too noticed a decline in posts.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts