Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received an Operating Box Car (MTH) that requires an Uncoupling/Unloading Track Section. The directions show this as a FastTrax, I use 'older' Lionel 3-rail track. Is there an uncoupling option with the Lionel track?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just last week I finished rewiring an O-27 'Remote Control Track Section' that I received in a box of old track. It is a straight section with an embedded electromagnet at the center rail and two 'control rails' on either side. Its control panel has two buttons, 'uncouple' and 'unload'. This may be just what you are looking for. If you need true O and not O-27, I'm guessing that there is probably an O equivalent.

·
Admin
45,132 Posts
Yep, there are RCS tracks for O27 and O31 track, they're plentiful on eBay if you don't have one. Here's a picture, though that one is a bit rusty. Lots of them on eBay, you shouldn't have to spend more than $10-12 for a decent one.

Note the top two are only for the sliding shoe contacts, the bottom one also activates the magnetic couplers. There are uses for each type on the layout, depending on what you want to accomplish.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts