Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted last night i lost out on those 4 silver passenger cars they went for160.00 i said i thought it was high what do u guys think you been doing it longer than i have . thanks al

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Just my opinion. I think a NICE aluminum passenger car is worth 30.00. There was 5 passenger cars in your auction. So 150.00 was a fair price. Not that far off of 160.00.
I did not see the condition of the cars in the auction. There will be more.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I posted last night i lost out on those 4 silver passenger cars they went for160.00 i said i thought it was high what do u guys think you been doing it longer than i have . thanks al
Were the 960,61,62,63 cars plain satin silver or the colored striped variation, and what color stripe if any? All that can affect the price of the cars. The plain silver cars are less common than the common color striped versions and the color of the stripe also can be a factor in price. The aluminum cars are 660,61,62,63 and are plentiful with the 661 coach the less common of the 4. The condition is usually the determining factor in the price that is realized. Most aluminum cars can be brought back to a nice shine with a good polishing unless there are scratches deep in the surface. Like most things, there will be others for sale. I have found buying single cars sometimes is cheaper than buying a set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts