Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am modeling the DMIR railroad and am to the point where im ready for the ore docks. ive looked all over but nothing even close to the docks in Duluth MN. scratch-building is kind of not a option right now as im originally a o scaler and am still getting used to the size change. any ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
9,897 Posts
Generally, if you want something "just so" on your layout, then scratchbuilding is kind of your only option

While there are several nice kits in HO that could serve as a starting point, I don't see any jn N to help out.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Hi all
I am modeling the DMIR railroad and am to the point where im ready for the ore docks. ive looked all over but nothing even close to the docks in Duluth MN. scratch-building is kind of not a option right now as im originally a o scaler and am still getting used to the size change. any ideas?

Cheers
Milw261;

Welcome fellow Milwaukee modeler!
None of these are ore docks, but all are scratchbuilt in N-scale. It can be done, and if you want an N-scale ore dock, that's the only way to get one. The same was true for most of these models of mine. They just didn't have commercial models of Seattle Union Station, Black River Station with working brass semaphore, Allentown covered bridge, a stone lighthouse & cottage, a coal unloading trestle, etc. so I scratchbuilt them. 😊

Traction Fan 🙂

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts