Model Train Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the only forum that I currently post on but I do visit other O Gauge forums to see what else is happening in the world of electric trains. I still check out OGR even though they sent me packing without an explanation. I get over to MTJ every now & then to see what the grumpy old men have to complain about. CTT is pretty much quiet anymore, not much happening over there. The new forum, OGF has a few interesting posts but it is more like a social gathering than a information source. Lately they seem to have joined the MTJ mode of grumpy old men postings.

Are there any other O Gauge forums worth visiting ?

Bill

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Who on this forum was on the original O Gauge forum, many, many years ago, the AOL electric train forum. That was a ruff and tumble forum, you had to have very thick skin to survive there. Alan Miller of OGR fame was a moderator or referee for awhile. I am guessing a lot of the AOL posters back then have passed on to the great train station in the sky.

Bill

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The Cornerfield Layout videos were the best part of the OGF, one of the main reasons that I stopped by OGF. To bad they and the moderators of OGF had a falling out.

Bill

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
As I recall Frank Razz? used to do a lot of the grilling
Yep, Frank Razzagone and Randy Tegnazian were our designated grillers for Bar-B-Q's at York. We were a group known as the TOOG's that was formed by Tony Lash. There were 22 members that were primarily MTH operators, kind of a mini-forum on AOL. Occasionally some of us would get together at Tony's business to operate his layout and just have a good time.

Bill

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I post here and I post at OGF, There are posters I enjoy at both places.I don't post at OGR because Rich banned me many years ago and in retrospect I probably deserved it.
My favorite forum of all time was "The O Gauge Hobbyist" started by my buddy frank53 you could say anything you wanted there. A lot of people found Frank hard to take but I loved the guy and he was a hell of a modeler.

I enjoy threads about layout building,scenery work and structure building,all seem to be in short supply these days.

All I know is after 63 years on the planet I've discovered everyone can be an A hole in their own way and likewise everyone has redeeming qualities if you look hard enough.Besides if we all stopped talking to A holes we'd be pretty lonely especially my wife.;)
Yep, I was a member of the O Gauge Hobbyist Forum. It was a terrific forum. I won one of Frank53's buildings from his layout in a contest.

Bill

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
well i am glad to know i am not the only one banned from OGR for no reason, other than maybe someone was having an unruly hair day....?
Yep, I was given the boot over a year ago for no apparent reason. I am guessing since I was not a subscriber to any of their offerings or don't have a magazine subscription that was the reason.

Bill

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Jeepers, I started this thread to see if there were any other forums that I was unaware of. It did lead to some very interesting discussions in regards to the forums that I do visit. Bottom line is that there are not very many forums for O gauge electric trains.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.