Model Train Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
For those who were on OGF, do you know what happened to the father and son from Cornerfield? They were two of the most prolific posters and now I see they are deleted. I would visit from time to time but never joined. I hope to visit the Cornerfield layout soon.

Pete

·
Registered
142 Posts
I believe they were told to restrict their videos to a single thread and they agreed to disagree. Some of old timers complained that there were too many Cornerfield threads I gather. Bunch of cranky people in the main. For a while they were the "Lionel sucks" and "OGR Forum" sucks forum. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Whatever floats your boat. But they are outstanding hypocrites and annoyingly self-congratulatory at times :).

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The Cornerfield Layout videos were the best part of the OGF, one of the main reasons that I stopped by OGF. To bad they and the moderators of OGF had a falling out.

Bill

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
As I recall Frank Razz? used to do a lot of the grilling
Yep, Frank Razzagone and Randy Tegnazian were our designated grillers for Bar-B-Q's at York. We were a group known as the TOOG's that was formed by Tony Lash. There were 22 members that were primarily MTH operators, kind of a mini-forum on AOL. Occasionally some of us would get together at Tony's business to operate his layout and just have a good time.

Bill

·
Admin
47,501 Posts
I believe they were told to restrict their videos to a single thread and they agreed to disagree. Some of old timers complained that there were too many Cornerfield threads I gather.
That's pretty hilarious considering that Brian left here in a snit because I wouldn't let him flood the O-Scale forum with birthday threads! 😅

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
That's pretty hilarious considering that Brian left here in a snit because I wouldn't let him flood the O-Scale forum with birthday threads! 😅
They have learned that the absence of any rule or order eventually makes things harder. They tried to look the other way on many things and it added to the chaos that occurred there…

Tom

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
There is no denying that the OGR Forum has the most activity, despite some times seeming to remove members or moderate in a way that some disagree with. I like MORE content, and here at MTF sometimes I don't see much happening and also the Buy/Sell is fun and this Buy/Sell is less active.

I am 100% O Scale / Gauge so for me this MTF forum is not the best, but I get it - there is a lot of similarities as far as scenery and buildings.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I emailed Harry about doing a couple of projects. I asked about the ES44ACs left over. If he has 8-9 left, unless I understand the Mr Muffins response in the OGR add on link - then could they not be done in any livery? I asked him about that as well as weathering my new Milwaukee Road SD45.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Brian the ESC44ACs were returned to the owner some time ago.

We owned two of them which Harry transformed into Virginian diesels. He did a nice job.

Good luck on the SD45. Harry told me yesterday that he just received a lot of additional work so he might be a bit slow getting to you. But his pieces are well worth waiting for.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Brian the ESC44ACs were returned to the owner some time ago.

We owned two of them which Harry transformed into Virginian diesels. He did a nice job.

Good luck on the SD45. Harry told me yesterday that he just received a lot of additional work so he might be a bit slow getting to you. But his pieces are well worth waiting for.
Thanks Bill. Maybe this controversy made him busier then ever. I am in no hurry but would like to get on the schedule.

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,675 Posts
Harry Heike is a legend.
He does nice work, something I saw of his a long time ago I really didn't like, but I dared not say that online.
Wasn't he Brian's / PTC's buddy? Left the OGF site?
I don't know what happens over there as I don't visit often.
The Legend was mentioned here when "they" were over here, before the B day leave. (they = "founding members")
Up until then I never heard of him. ( I don't go to York.)

I think we have some very talented members here in the weathering department the could give him a run for the money.
But they may do their work in N or HO or S, so some O members might never see them as they seem to just stick to strictly O scale.
Sad, that they miss so much more MTF has to offer.

And yes WE HAVE A, B DAY THREAD, I think it is stickie thread? :)

Looks like Brian locked the John thread.

Reactions: sjm9911

·
Registered
66 Posts
Life is also way too short to continue bashing other forums.
It may be, it may not. But the "forum bashing" over there has turned into defamation, and honestly I see no way for others to refute the accusations since they ban you if so much as look cross-eyed at them, and then continue gaslighting all of the other members that they don't ban anyone. I think over time, more and more people have realized what the owners/moderators are about and have moved on to greener, or at least more honest pastures.

Say what you will about OGR and the way they run it, but at least they have a set of rules and they live by it. On the other hand, OGF has rules written down, and for a certain set of folks there all they need to do is follow them. But for others, who aren't in their inner circle, there are unwritten rules that they must follow. Mainly kissing other people's rear ends and toing the invisible line. In short, MTF and OGR have rules, and they might be stricter on the surface, but they are applied relatively equally. While OGF says one thing, and does another thing entirely.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.