Model Train Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
They can if you have a business to run and they libel your name and it shows up in google searches!
Nope, they can't hurt me. If they libel my name and there's money to be made in a lawsuit, I'll take it (and shut them down in the process).

Defamation (i.e. libel) is the communication of a false statement about another that injures their reputation and usually constitutes a tort.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I post here and I post at OGF, There are posters I enjoy at both places.I don't post at OGR because Rich banned me many years ago and in retrospect I probably deserved it.
My favorite forum of all time was "The O Gauge Hobbyist" started by my buddy frank53 you could say anything you wanted there. A lot of people found Frank hard to take but I loved the guy and he was a hell of a modeler.

I enjoy threads about layout building,scenery work and structure building,all seem to be in short supply these days.

All I know is after 63 years on the planet I've discovered everyone can be an A hole in their own way and likewise everyone has redeeming qualities if you look hard enough.Besides if we all stopped talking to A holes we'd be pretty lonely especially my wife.;)

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I post here and I post at OGF, There are posters I enjoy at both places.I don't post at OGR because Rich banned me many years ago and in retrospect I probably deserved it.
My favorite forum of all time was "The O Gauge Hobbyist" started by my buddy frank53 you could say anything you wanted there. A lot of people found Frank hard to take but I loved the guy and he was a hell of a modeler.

I enjoy threads about layout building,scenery work and structure building,all seem to be in short supply these days.

All I know is after 63 years on the planet I've discovered everyone can be an A hole in their own way and likewise everyone has redeeming qualities if you look hard enough.Besides if we all stopped talking to A holes we'd be pretty lonely especially my wife.;)
Yep, I was a member of the O Gauge Hobbyist Forum. It was a terrific forum. I won one of Frank53's buildings from his layout in a contest.

Bill

·
Registered
273 Posts
thought i was a member of OGF, turned out i wasn't, so i re-applied, and lo and behold, i was rejected [today]

O Gauge Forum <[email protected]>
To:[email protected]
Sat, Jun 18 at 3:48 p.m.
Unfortunately, your pending forum account at o-gaugeforum.com has been rejected.
I tired to sign up a while back
I get a message we can not prove who you are? My website site - email and phone number - My address - not to sound like a Sob - I live on a Golf Course - a simple google search - TCA and NAWCC member { Railroad clocks and watches 40 years doing restorations } I'll reserve any other comments - and yield my time to the next guy or gal
Simple this site has a better class of train people with a International twist - works for me - the advice you all give to new people will only aid in keeping the tracks open for future Generations
Lastly - I was on a German site - just had no time to translate everything - they were a good bunch - mainly HO
"Ride The Rails"

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
well i am glad to know i am not the only one banned from OGR for no reason, other than maybe someone was having an unruly hair day....?
Yep, I was given the boot over a year ago for no apparent reason. I am guessing since I was not a subscriber to any of their offerings or don't have a magazine subscription that was the reason.

Bill

·
Registered
O Scale MTH and Lionel 1952 set and newer
95 Posts
I've been on this forum for only a couple of years now. I don't believe I have ever heard a good thing about the other one - in fact it seems pretty unanimous that whoever is running that operation over there is very much narcissistic. My take on it.....a song from the late 50's sums it up.....It's my forum and I'll deny if I want to, deny if I want to, deny if I want to. I would be curious if anyone has ever had a good experience over there.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Desperado: Regarding the late Leslie Gore’s old top 40 hit from 1963, that other forum seems to have morphed into a better one over the years and is not quite the same as it was 7 or 8 years ago. In fact, I’ve had nothing but good experiences over the past few months since I’ve resumed posting there.

·
Registered
O Scale MTH and Lionel 1952 set and newer
95 Posts
Desperado: Regarding the late Leslie Gore’s old top 40 hit from 1963, that other forum seems to have morphed into a better one over the years and is not quite the same as it was 7 or 8 years ago. In fact, I’ve had nothing but good experiences over the past few months since I’ve resumed posting there.
I have that song in my head now. I should have known better. Good though to hear your experience is not all fire and brimstone. In all actuality I don't plan on ever going over there - just noting that it seems to be a toxic environment is all.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I belong to the OGF and here, I was a OGR member for 20 years before I got banned for not buying the magazine or the online version. I won't give my opinion of OGR and their leaders.
I have been a member of the OGF for quite awhile and enjoy it. I find nothing wrong with the special announcements. Geez if you don't like them pass those posts by. The MTF is another place I like. I like to talk about trains and model trains. I find some of that here. Although it has seemed the talk has slowed down. Yes know its summer, but the number of posts have been slowing down for some time.

Also if there are people on any forum that annoy you just don't respond to them. I like the OGF because I'm having fun and the talk is invigorating. I have friends on all the forums because I've been around them forever. Started in the mid 90's during the wild west days when there were no rules online. I did not like the sniping, the insults and many other things. It caused me to stay away.

Dave

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have been a member of the OGF for quite awhile and enjoy it. I find nothing wrong with the special announcements. Geez if you don't like them pass those posts by.
I don't think anyone is complaining about special announcements, but individual happy birthday posts for every member is a bit much. The membership numbers at OGF are so low it doesn't matter much, but in a bigger forum it would be a wall of posts everyday.

And you yourself admitted you want to read about trains.

Also if there are people on any forum that annoy you just don't respond to them. I like the OGF because I'm having fun and the talk is invigorating. I have friends on all the forums because I've been around them forever. Started in the mid 90's during the wild west days when there were no rules online. I did not like the sniping, the insults and many other things. It caused me to stay away.
It's easy not to respond when they just ban you. And I have nothing against setting rules and booting those that don't follow them. However, OGF claims to be an open forum where you can discuss anything, they have some very basic rules, and say they don't ban people for speaking their minds. However it's a baldface lie. If you disagree with a certain moderator, you're dead meat. AND they gaslight everyone saying that the person chose to leave and they've only had to ban one person.

Personal attacks are never welcome, and I'd rather talk trains, but they hardly do over there, and their behavior should be documented so potential future members know what to expect.

·
Registered
142 Posts
"If you disagree with a certain moderator, you're dead meat. "

The OGF in a nutshell, in my experience.

That said, all forum moderators have buttons that can be pushed. Their forum. Their rules. If you want to stubbornly break the rules, you are going to bear the consequences. But at least have clear rules and enforce them in evenhanded fashion.

·
Registered
560 Posts
PRR 1361

Apparently you get your information from someone that knows nothing. Yes we celebrate birthdays, anniversarys, favorite sports teams, we comfort those going thru tough times. Nothing like a friendly forum where everybody is like a friend. We do talk about trains, post pictures of our layouts. I'm not saying we have the best forum, but we like it the way it is.
Please don't join our forum if things we do bother you.
The thing that gets me is people from other forums keep talking about what they don't like about the OGF, I DON'T CARE what you or anybody thinks about OGF.

I like it as many others do so please stay away!!!!

Dave

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,675 Posts
PRR 1361

Apparently you get your information from someone that knows nothing. Yes we celebrate birthdays, anniversarys, favorite sports teams, we comfort those going thru tough times. Nothing like a friendly forum where everybody is like a friend. We do talk about trains, post pictures of our layouts. I'm not saying we have the best forum, but we like it the way it is.
Please don't join our forum if things we do bother you.
The thing that gets me is people from other forums keep talking about what they don't like about the OGF, I DON'T CARE what you or anybody thinks about OGF.

I like it as many others do so please stay away!!!!

Dave
Well it was your leader there that started the rant about John?
You might want to take your own advice? 😎

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,675 Posts
And Harry, and apparently someone else who cancelled an event that had something to do with Stockyard Express.
I don't know I hardly visit there. Never tried to join, no interest.
When most of them were here it was just mainly Atta boy posts.
90 % of their posts here were just Well done, looks good, great job, slap on the back posts.
And Happy Birthday, which we already had a place for but they wanted it strictly in the O forum.
And he tried everything but calling the President to have them strictly in O forum.

Now don't try posting anything but O there, none of the other scales are welcome.
And also don't forget to give the $100 (or is it 2 now?) a year to keep the site going.
Otherwise you are looked down upon.

I wouldn't even be saying anything about them till I read Brian's rant.
You all do notice I have kept mainly quiet about all of this?
Otherwise some here will call me a troll. :cool:

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.