Model Train Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well Big Ed your thinking that someone will call you a troll!!!! Guess what you are a troll. We only talk about O and not the other scales, what could it be, the fact ED is that we are called OGF, O gauge Forum, so we talk a out O gauge. It does not discount anybody from posting a question about any scale. We are very inclusive and try to help all questions. This kind of forum may not be for you and with your attitude I understand why.

What ever happens on our platform is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, we do what we have to do to keep us viable, lose your sponsors and see how many of you donate to keep things going. As it is you keep losing members while we are gaining. Its amazing how many have posted not just here but other places as well that have no idea of what happened, talk about trolling!!!
Also calling out people using their name on a public forum is beyond tacky. Sorry to say I am embarrassed by yours and many others comments. Your supposed to be adults I wish you acted like it.

This is my last comment on the subject!!

Dave

·
Registered
932 Posts
PRR 1361

Apparently you get your information from someone that knows nothing. Yes we celebrate birthdays, anniversarys, favorite sports teams, we comfort those going thru tough times. Nothing like a friendly forum where everybody is like a friend. We do talk about trains, post pictures of our layouts. I'm not saying we have the best forum, but we like it the way it is.
Please don't join our forum if things we do bother you.
The thing that gets me is people from other forums keep talking about what they don't like about the OGF, I DON'T CARE what you or anybody thinks about OGF.

I like it as many others do so please stay away!!!!

Dave
when OGF finds out you post here do not be surprised you get banned

·
Registered
932 Posts
Well Big Ed your thinking that someone will call you a troll!!!! Guess what you are a troll. We only talk about O and not the other scales, what could it be, the fact ED is that we are called OGF, O gauge Forum, so we talk a out O gauge. It does not discount anybody from posting a question about any scale. We are very inclusive and try to help all questions. This kind of forum may not be for you and with your attitude I understand why.

What ever happens on our platform is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, we do what we have to do to keep us viable, lose your sponsors and see how many of you donate to keep things going. As it is you keep losing members while we are gaining. Its amazing how many have posted not just here but other places as well that have no idea of what happened, talk about trolling!!!
Also calling out people using their name on a public forum is beyond tacky. Sorry to say I am embarrassed by yours and many others comments. Your supposed to be adults I wish you acted like it.

Dave

you really are brain washed.

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,757 Posts

Dave
"This is my last comment on the subject!!"

GOOD. :cool:
Plant Organism Font Terrestrial plant Happy

·
Registered
269 Posts

Dave
I see. But calling out John and Alan by name is okay?

·
Admin
47,697 Posts
Gee David, what about the whole thread trashing me on your chosen platform? Or are those rules only meant for other venues?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
It is in my opinion too bad this post like others have been reduced to this. Forums, Facebook, social media generation of communication have allowed a certain degree of anonymity that face to face decorum would not likely allow or see.

We are brave behind an Avatar while in person we can agree to disagree. And get on with train talk. Either John should shut this one down as he has in the past or we should self regulate and stop.

The core issue has been resolved or hashed out. The review of what forums still are out there, and what has gone away was interesting to a point. I am a member here and OGF but am not active there. My only regret is that this forum is not as active, seems to down some members that posted frequently in the past.

I miss Rockymountaineer. I have not seen his posts anywhere for a while. I recently had a post encouraging old members to come back and let us know what’s going on and a few did.

A robust forum needs variety and numbers. I just skip over subjects that don’t interest me. I’m a big question asker of dumb questions that when answered here allow me to move my layout along.

Why can’t we just agree to disagree and get back to model railroading?

·
Registered
79 Posts
It is in my opinion too bad this post like others have been reduced to this. Forums, Facebook, social media generation of communication have allowed a certain degree of anonymity that face to face decorum would not likely allow or see.
Has nothing to do with social media, that's a red herring. It's been this way since the dawn of the internet, but I'm not sure this post has been "reduced" to anything. It started out talking about other forums, and it's still doing that. For a long time these posts weren't needed, but then something went off the rails over there at OGF. Promises were made in their OGF engines, promises weren't kept, and they threw Harry under the bus. Then John, and still others.

The core issue has been resolved or hashed out.
That's not even remotely true, at all. There are still people defending OGF and what they did/do. Some are just deflecting from the issue (like your reply and others), and no apology has been issued by PTC Brian or OGF more widely.

A robust forum needs variety and numbers. I just skip over subjects that don’t interest me. I’m a big question asker of dumb questions that when answered here allow me to move my layout along.

Why can’t we just agree to disagree and get back to model railroading?
Agree on variety and numbers. Something OGF has neither of. However, if you just skip past subjects that don't interest you, why are you seeking to have this thread shut down while the rest of us are trying to correct the record... Or at least refute what has been written over on OGF until it's rescinded.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Ok I'm going against my own post of not responding anymore.

I have to clear up a few things, ..the bashing of the OGF from some people who have never looked at or posted on the OGF and asked questions is beyond my way of thinking. Do you think we are all lock step with one another? Of course not. I don't agree with some things that have been done but that's water over the bridge. Besides what some of you think I don't read every post on here or the OGF. I didn't read the post about John, never had a issue about him but a few members did.
I do agree we should leave out personal attacks , if you have an issue contact them directly not online. Look we all make mistakes and I always own up to mine.

I promise I will not respond again, will you say the same?

Dave

·
Admin
47,697 Posts
I do agree we should leave out personal attacks , if you have an issue contact them directly not online. Look we all make mistakes and I always own up to mine.
Exactly how would I do that, and even if it did, what good would it do?

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Jeepers, I started this thread to see if there were any other forums that I was unaware of. It did lead to some very interesting discussions in regards to the forums that I do visit. Bottom line is that there are not very many forums for O gauge electric trains.

Bill

·
Registered
9,857 Posts

Dave
Wow, shades of Queen Gertrude ("The Lady doth protest to much, methinks"). And the stats here show this forum is not shrinking, but stable and growing slowly, but as Dave said about their forum, whatever happens here is our business, not his. I'm quite pleased with how it has evolved and who has left and stayed and joined.

This probably isn't my last comment on this subject (unless GRJ (perhaps wisely) closes it ;) ).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jeepers, I started this thread to see if there were any other forums that I was unaware of. It did lead to some very interesting discussions in regards to the forums that I do visit. Bottom line is that there are not very many forums for O gauge electric trains.

Bill
I think probably what happened is that two different threads were confused. I had started a thread called "Other Forum" or something of that nature in Union Station to keep it out of the main O Gauge topic about a week before this one. I apologize for the cross pollination.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.