Model Train Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
do most my own work. tub kicked my butt.. $1250 later.. extra deep tub, drain, vent installed and shower valve moved up with shutoff valves... hated paying but i know when im beat...

i did concrete board... next to be tiled after i install niche

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
I thought you were going to move soon? I did my bathroom floor upstairs and down stairs a few years ago. A complete rip out, new wood, then concrete board, then installed new tile.
This week power washing the house, did a 1/4 of it the other day. Will finish in steps when the weather is good.
Planning on a vinyl fence on the south side of my house. The girl next door took down all her trees and the chain link fence does not cut it anymore. My backyard is wide open to gawkier's now. Need some privacy on that side now.
Plus a ton of other things I have planned.:)

·
Registered
207 Posts
New dishwasher, cleaned cabinets, pulled out fridge and cleaned, way overdue, painted bathroom and this morning fixed clothes washer. That wasn't planned.

we sliced almost 100 lbs of venison for jerky with a commercial grade Hobart slicer yesterday. It's been marinating since yesterday. Second batch just went in the dehydrator.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plan is to move.. economy changing so plan may go from 6m to a year now. this room was planned on doin before sale. it needed the update and will sell better done. plus we can enjoy it while we live here..

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
plan is to move.. economy changing so plan may go from 6m to a year now. this room was planned on doin before sale. it needed the update and will sell better done. plus we can enjoy it while we live here..
I found that a lot who buy a house will do a tear down anyway, even if it has just been redone.:)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found that a lot who buy a house will do a tear down anyway, even if it has just been redone.:)
some but some, like me, beat up sales price if not renovated. some move in change updated rooms years later.
my wife and i have been here 17y and finally getting to this room. last one...

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Been working on a 1986 Polaris quad that was given to me 3 weeks ago. Has set unrun since 1990. Motor was seized, tires dryrot, clutches rotted away due to mice living and doing their business in the clutch cover for 30 years.o_O
Filled motor bottom to top with Mystery Oil and left set for week. Drained oil and turned motor over with the rope start.:D👍 Flushed out and checked compression. 125# (like factory new). Put some gas in. Started 4th pull.:cool::cool: Ebay clutches and battery, Marketplace tires. $300.00 like new machine. ;);)

New pup. 8 month old Catahoula rescue. Severely traumatized or abused. Had her for 12 days and she just started lifting her head to look at us. She's a major project.😍

1 atv.jpg
1 Josie.jpg

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Been working on a 1986 Polaris quad that was given to me 3 weeks ago. Has set unrun since 1990. Motor was seized, tires dryrot, clutches rotted away due to mice living and doing their business in the clutch cover for 30 years.o_O
Filled motor bottom to top with Mystery Oil and left set for week. Drained oil and turned motor over with the rope start.:D👍 Flushed out and checked compression. 125# (like factory new). Put some gas in. Started 4th pull.:cool::cool: Ebay clutches and battery, Marketplace tires. $300.00 like new machine. ;);)

New pup. 8 month old Catahoula rescue. Severely traumatized or abused. Had her for 12 days and she just started lifting her head to look at us. She's a major project.😍

View attachment 539909 View attachment 539910

i love marvels mystery oil... its awesome...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Me too. I was shocked when this motor turned with the rope starter. I figured I'd have to at least put a bar on the crank nut. And to top it off, factory new compression. AMAZED!!
years ago, bought a squarebody, yes its still in my driveway... but had 2 stuck lifters, poured some down the carb while holding the throttle so it wouldnt die out. Smoked like a mofo, but wow freed them up!!!!!!!!! i use that stuff in my air tools too...

only thing as good but not for inside of motor is Kroil... way better than pb blaster, gum cutter 2+2, etc... love kroil...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Hey Cole...does she have some German Short hair in her and Pointer...give her lots of care and love...good looking dog!

View attachment 539909 View attachment 539910

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Hey Cole...does she have some German Short hair in her and Pointer...give her lots of care and love...good looking dog!
Not much history. Rescued litter from Kentucky. From what they seen on sight figured to be Catahoula and ?. She does look predominently like grey spotted leapard catahoula except kinda small.
I seen this morn when I took our chihauhau out for a walk the pup came sneaking out thru the house looking for us. We've had her almost 2 weeks and that is the first big move she's made. Gaining a little confidence I hope. At least she eats and is filling out a bit.

·
Registered
63 Posts
No expert, but I had a male Blue Catahoula for just over 12 years. He looked much like that. She is not yet filled out. Her tail not as big at base as my dog. I would like to see how wide her jaw is, like from above. I will look and try to post pictures of my dog.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
No expert, but I had a male Blue Catahoula for just over 12 years. He looked much like that. She is not yet filled out. Her tail not as big at base as my dog. I would like to see how wide her jaw is, like from above. I will look and try to post pictures of my dog.
Andy, I had a red for almost 14 years and tthe markings are very similiar. This one is quite abit smaller at 8-9 month.

20200331_095832.jpg
20200331_095943.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts