Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. got one engine, a steamer that I want to repaint and the tender with new graphics also. Just what color is American flyer steamers? I tried flat, satin. semi-gloss paint and WOW! what a difference. Good thing I did the test spots in an inconspicuous spot. Also, graphics, use of decals or something else? I see some of the vendors online have spray paints, but really would like to be as close as possible.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone make like a rubber stamp for the graphics. I see lots of decals on Ebay, but if they are like the decals we had as a kid in the 50's and 60's for our plastic model cars, I don't know.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Does anyone make like a rubber stamp for the graphics. I see lots of decals on Ebay, but if they are like the decals we had as a kid in the 50's and 60's for our plastic model cars, I don't know.
I second Tom's reply, they are very tricky to use. They take ALOT of practise to get them right..I had quite a few of them but got rid of them all.. I use dry rub transfers. They also take practise but in my opinion, better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts