Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would pass on a little helpful tidbit. After much experimentation and too many paint can buys, I think I have found a green color that closely if not exactly matches the green found on various accessories. It is Rust-Oleum Satin Leafy Green. I painted a 771 Type III Stock Yard base. This was a complete repaint. Glass bead blasted and primed. I don't know about a touch up. I tried that on the bottom of the 771 and it looked like it was a match. I wasn't sure that a touch up would blend with the original AF green on a visible surface. I was going to paint this 771 anyway because of it's condition. It wasn't a very good candidate for a touch up anyway. I also painted a 583 crane boom. There again it was a complete repaint. I have 3 of those so I compared the painted one to an original and it looked the same to me. I really need to get something that just needs a touch up for a conclusive paint match. I am passing this information along in case somebody wants to try it.
The only caveat I will add, I know there are darker greens on some of the accessories. This is a lighter shade.

Kenny

·
Registered
476 Posts
Find an automotive paint supply shop. They will be able to match just about anything and put it into a spray can for you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good tip on the paint color. I have several accessories that need the base repainted, so this sounds like a good alternative.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts