Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some woodland scenics concrete color paint on my Kato Unitrack while completing a level crossing, should I worry about train stalling? and if so, how should I fix it?

Thank you!!!
Brandon

·
Registered
86 Posts
If it is on the top of the rail then yes you have to get it off. Even if it is just a tiny spot that tiny spot will get bigger as other dirt and grime are pounded into and around it.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
on top of the rail? scrape it with a razor perhaps, atleast to get the bulk of it off?
could try some thinners on a rag?

or of you care not for the rail, hit it with sand paper / a file :sly:

definitely get rid of it tho.

·
Registered
157 Posts
When preparing to paint near the rails, you can take some sort of grease such as Vaseline, and wipe it across the tops of the rail.

If there is any over spray or drips that get on the rail top, it easily wipes off clean.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
100% acetone (nail polish remover without added moisturizers) on a q-tip should work as well.

What ever you do, yes get the paint off the track.

What DA Cookie says is a great masking method.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Quit worrying! Paint in the joints isn't going to do squat! ;)

Just wipe down the rails with denatured alcohol a couple of times and move on! :retard:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Quit worrying! Paint in the joints isn't going to do squat! ;)

Just wipe down the rails with denatured alcohol a couple of times and move on! :retard:
NIMT, as always, is spot on!
I've spilled all kinds of "yuk" on my tracks, but just wipe it off with denatured alcohol, which is the same stuff I use in my CMX track cleaning car. Dab it on, wipe it off, run the train. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts