Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good method for making it a good place to buy tropical foliage in N scale? Looking for palm trees, ferns, saw palmetto etc? I bought wine commercial ones of eBay and not too thrilled with them. Pics later

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
I think JTT Scenery Products (a division of MRC) makes the best looking scenery products, but they are NOT cheap. SceneryProducts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, those are pretty pricey! I would have to do a few at a time, or would cost a few hundred just in trees!

I've searched and searched and can't find a way of making them. They would add a lot to a tropical, jurassic park theme.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what I'm dealing with as of now. The shorter ones are ok I guess, but the trunks are way too thick for n scale.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
I seem to recall seeing an article about making them somewere. Perhaps Model Railroad Hobbyist?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a hit for that on Google, but it won't pull up for me.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
So go to their website, www.model-railroad-hobbyist.com , and search the back issues for it. I think you may have to "subscribe" to read them, but since it is free to do so (and very worthwhile in any event), it's no harm, no foul.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found it. I am pretty certain I don't have the level of patience that will require! Maybe with one of those cruicut machines...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts