Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working on an icing platform and the pics I have show wooden siding...I don't have any of that lying around, so I used .040 styrene sheets. Problem is now I need some fake siding paper to put on the walls and can't find it anywhere.
:unsure: So, I went up to bing.com/images and searched for wooden siding and rock foundations...got several pics which I copied and loaded into Open Office Text, and 'squozed' (is that a word) down to an acceptable size for HO....
Guess my problem is solved.....:):):)

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's like you read my mind. The only thing I'll add is I like to print to a heavier paper like a white construction paper. Here's a model I built using this method for the brick walls and roof shingles.
20190429_164043.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, here it it, in all it's 'glory'...:) Broke down and used some plastic ribbed roofing for the platform. Put on drop down boards to get from the platform to the reefer. Added a 'ice' chain and a couple figures.Still waiting on the plastic 'ice'...some companies shipping really is slow...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Great idea...I did the same, but I brought cardstock from a office supply place. This is paper that is like a business card strength...cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts