Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the part number for flyer insulating whitewalls? I was just given a 332 northern in terrible shape and what to put her back in service.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Watch that 332. Most, maybe all 332s were DC only. And I mean DC ONLY. AC will cook it quickly.
If it is a 332AC you can use either. We had a member cook a 332 with AC recently. It
burned up the armature. $49.00 plus shipping later it is running fine.

I would give Jeff Kane at TheTrainTender.com a call. Many of us get our parts from Jeff.
Get his phone number off his web site.

Sand the inside of the insulator before installing. You will break it pressing it in place.
I don't know if size is different but northern wheels are different than the other steamers.
Tell Jeff what you want.

Sorry, I see you have been a forum member since 2015.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will hit him up! I was hoping to get the part numbers and just add them to an order. I like to have all the parts I need before a tear down.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Check his prices on the other parts you need.. He carries about everything and I find him cheaper than any other place.
He also carries O scale parts.

One thing he does not carry is prebent metal handrails. He does carry straight pieces and you bend.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Jeff may or may not have those whitewall insulators.He has 2 versions, a brilliant white, and a cream colored white to mimic the original. And MOPAC is right, you have to sand down the inside, ALOT, to make them fit.Jeff said he was getting some complaints about them, and that he wasn't going to stock them anymore.. I also complained... The insides are too tight, and the outside is too small..check with Doug Peck at PortLines about his insulators.. His are twice as expensive, but maybe worth the extra price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts