Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a good website fer reproduction and or used parts fer Lionel? I'm in the midst of restoring a 671RR, a 494 searchlite tower, and a searchlite car. The 2 searchlite items need the housings, lenses, and bulbs. My 671RR just needs brushes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do like Henning's site better. At least theres pics of the products. Was there ever a exploded diagram fer the 671's? I just wanna know whats all missing other than the smoke unit and headlight.

·
Admin
43,511 Posts
There were several flavors of the 671, start at this page in the Olsen's Train Service Library, scroll down to the 671's and download them all. You can sift through them and identify your specific variant from the lists.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vintage Lionel Parts

Two very good places to visit for Lionel train parts are: Smitty's Toy Train Parts and East Coast Train Parts. Olsen's Toy trains also has parts for postwar trains and accessories. A Google search of these on-line stores will send you to their sites.

·
Admin
43,511 Posts
Two very good places to visit for Lionel train parts are: Smitty's Toy Train Parts and East Coast Train Parts. Olsen's Toy trains also has parts for postwar trains and accessories. A Google search of these on-line stores will send you to their sites.
Note that there are links for both of those sites in my previous post on the topic. ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi, Gunrunnerjohn, what about nicholas smith in newtown square pa? not sure if they fall into this category but they're the only place I'm aware of. So very excited to see this list here. I'm close to Hennings I saw listed in another thread. cool!

·
Registered
155 Posts
ah ok got it. still newbie here :) Yea, its a pretty good store and i think they do good repair/servicing. I didnt know they had an online store!

·
Registered
155 Posts
yea, wonder. the place IS stacked wall to wall and almost impossible to navigate if there's more than a few people in the place.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am new to this, but I must say the guy at TRAIN TENDER, is great: he is always available on the phone, very patient, well stocked, ships immediately-even before you mail the check. He is the best!

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,415 Posts
I am new to this, but I must say the guy at TRAIN TENDER, is great: he is always available on the phone, very patient, well stocked, ships immediately-even before you mail the check. He is the best!
I second the motion.

And if you buy a lot of different parts, I like the way each part is vac packed with Id on it.

When I put an order in I make a list on what I might need in the future, to save on shipping.
Sometimes I won't get around to using them right away and I put them in the parts box.
When I finally go to use it, there they are fresh enough to eat.:D
And no guessing as to what goes where as they are labeled.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just make sure you dont buy anything from "JUST TRAINS LLC " AKA [email protected] outta sussex N.J. They will send you bent/rusty wrong parts. Then when you call & compain they cop a real attitude. Rude & sarcastic, even threaten. Over a $9 part? Really? Buyers beware!!

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,415 Posts
Just make sure you dont buy anything from "JUST TRAINS LLC " AKA [email protected] outta sussex N.J. They will send you bent/rusty wrong parts. Then when you call & compain they cop a real attitude. Rude & sarcastic, even threaten. Over a $9 part? Really? Buyers beware!!
They are expensive too, I have been watching them for a while.

I been watching them on e bay, do they have another site as well?
If you got it off e bay? You should have complained to e bay?
I think if you have a, not as described gripe against the seller they eat the return shipping cost also.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts