Model Train Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have talked with MTH; the truck is 11.00 plus 9.95 shipping. Any suggestions on how you go about swapping out the wheelset. First I would have to find a wheel set.

·
Admin
43,203 Posts
It does depend on the specific caboose trucks. I checked a Premier caboose and it has screws on top of the side-frames. You remove the screws, and you can drop out the axle. You may be able to simply straighten the axle once you have it off the truck.

There are trucks with the side-frames staked, those you are stuck if you want to swap the wheelsets. It looks like the wheels from a Lionel plastic truck are the right fit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just wanted to give a shout out to Jeff at TrainTender. Really helped me out today with a ridiculous part I needed. Took the time to make sure I got exactly what I needed. Even though the part I bought was only $1.00. Nice to know there are still people who understand the meaning of customer service. HIGHLY RECOMMEND him and I will definitely be using him again if/when I break something else.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Don't Buy Anything From Just Trains, LLC

I didnt buy parts on ebay. Bought from their website... [email protected] Most rude,hateful,sarcastic person Ive ever had to deal with in trains. Look at their feedback on ebay. Click on their 9 neutrals. You should see their responses when a customer isnt happy. Name calling, rude/sarcastic as hell. My advice is to deal with someone else. Threaten a libel suit if I got Paypal involved! Over a $9 part!!! Just a word to the wise..
This a rather harsh statement. I've been buying from Dennis Waldron for more than 25 years. Not one time did I encounter a rude, hateful or sarcastic person. My parts arrive in a speedy manner in first class condition. His NOS items are clean and serviceable. Their reconditioned parts often work better than new.

What most people fail to realize is that their attitude during any transaction is reflected back to them as if they were facing a mirror. Everything stated here is based entirely upon my experience. All the above is a matter of fact and my opinion.

·
Registered
204 Posts
How do these other suppliers compare to Olsen's? Both quality and prices? I have only dealt with them for parts. Been good.

Just checking.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Gunrunner John,
this is 'Rufus' (bernard) from the 'other site'. Haven't been reading any forums in a long time
but happy to see you are still connected.

Do you still do any repair on MTH steamers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dealings with Olsons

On Jan 25 I ordered a lens for a pre war Lionel engine. My PayPal acct was charged for the 1 plus the 3.95 shipping for a total of close to 4.95. No big deal. So far no part.

So I went to PayPal and opened a claim because she would not answer my email.

Last night 2/5/16 I received an answer.

The Olsons person said this: "you opened an claim for $1.00 order. ohhh lens has been sent no update on shipping for small orders. no profit to do so. Sharon"

Wow what great customer service. NOT.:smilie_daumenneg:

No profit to track I guess is what she is saying. She could have put it in an envelope and sent it first class of a small mailer pack and shipped it for about 1.50 with tracking. But in her mind a satisfied customer is not worth the trouble.

So no item as of yet.

I know it's no big deal but my son and I refinish Lionel and we could have been ordering a lot from them. Guess not now.

·
Admin
43,203 Posts
Well, it's poor customer service, but the price for a padded envelope starts at $2.60 now with the price increases by USPS. However, I still agree that not answering mail and then getting testy about someone filing a claim is low class.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This was a lens for the front of a engine light, she could have placed it in a #10 size business envelope and sent it first class. I ship a lot on ebay and buy small padded envelopes from wal mart for .64 cents. I am sure she could buy them in bulk for about the same price. Anyway Hennings will get my business from now on.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Try the Train Tender

On Jan 25 I ordered a lens for a pre war Lionel engine. My PayPal acct was charged for the 1 plus the 3.95 shipping for a total of close to 4.95. No big deal. So far no part.

The Olsons person said this: "you opened an claim for $1.00 order. ohhh lens has been sent no update on shipping for small orders. no profit to do so. Sharon"

No profit to track I guess is what she is saying. She could have put it in an envelope and sent it first class of a small mailer pack and shipped it for about 1.50 with tracking. But in her mind a satisfied customer is not worth the trouble.

So no item as of yet.

I know it's no big deal but my son and I refinish Lionel and we could have been ordering a lot from them. Guess not now.
Jeff at the Train Tender is the opposite of this. He will spend a ridiculous amount of time assisting you with a part that costs 60 cents. :smilie_daumenpos:

·
Yard Master & Research
10,444 Posts
Jeff is amazing. I felt embarissed when order parts off peak work hours so I emailed him. I always had a reply within two hours. FYI some old fire detectors used the same lens. Check em before you waste them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Try the Train Tender

So no item as of yet.

Jeff at the Train Tender is the opposite of this. He will spend a ridiculous amount of time assisting you with a part that costs 60 cents. :smilie_daumenpos:

41 - 60 of 72 Posts