Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the scale length of the peco lk55 turntable? In need of a 110’ turntable at a minimum but don’t want to spend upwards of $300 on the walthers motorized turn table

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
The deck length on the LK55 is 12.007 inches....

Converted to HO, that's 87.15 feet.....

·
Registered
890 Posts
I think he's asking for a scale measurement. He asks for 110' turntable. Looks like he models in HO, so what does 12" translate to in full scale? Would it be 87' (1:87)?

ADDED: Doh! Old Hobo said it. Ignore me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! I already have a 90 foot atlas manual turntable but looks like I’ll either be making my own or I will be buying the expensive 130’ Incase I decide I want to turn a big articulates at some point. Have a couple of them as well. Maybe tax time I’ll bite the bullet and just go for it

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Thank you! I already have a 90 foot atlas manual turntable but looks like I’ll either be making my own or I will be buying the expensive 130’ Incase I decide I want to turn a big articulates at some point. Have a couple of them as well. Maybe tax time I’ll bite the bullet and just go for it
Have you considered how much room you need to make a 130' turntable work? IMHO you'll need about a 60" square-ish area for turntable, roundhouse and short lead tracks.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was in the layout room earlier and think I have Enough room to do a wye to turn big locomotives around. Has anyone ever installed the 130’ turntable? If so how bad is it to do?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts