Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Both Peco and Micro-Engineering seem to have good reputations for quality track and reliable turnouts. Is it true that Peco track has wide (British style) spacing between ties, while Micro-Engineering and Atlas uses a North American standard?

I might have old information. I got it from a 7 year old youtube video from Mike Fifer. Here’s a screenshot of the video. Peco is the track in the middle.

Product Font Screenshot Software Technology

· Registered
5,598 Posts
As far as I've read, your information is correct...Peco tie spacing is British.

Reactions: Model Citizen

· Registered
12,842 Posts
You are correct in your assumption about tie spacing. You do understand that you do not need to use all components from one manufacturer, right? I personally use MicroEngineering flex track and Walthers turnouts (in HO scale).

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are correct in your assumption about tie spacing. You do understand that you do not need to use all components from one manufacturer, right? I personally use MicroEngineering flex track and Walthers turnouts (in HO scale).
Thanks for the response. I don’t need to use parts exclusively from one manufacturer, certainly, but I don’t want my track components to look mismatched on the layout. Other than that, I am most interested in getting reliable turnouts and quality track components.

· Registered
12,842 Posts
The tie spacing is an issue, visually, but other appearances of the track, after weathering and ballasting, are not visible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts