Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have gotten a Penn Line E-6 4-4-2 Atlantic, Great Norther painted (crazy right? - :confused:) and it's becomming one of the finest horses in the stable. Now I've got a line on another Penn Line E-6, but it's a sever junker! It needs a tender, the leading and trailing trucks fixed or replaced, a motor and worm gear, a tender, and paint to seal up the metal from going to beans! - :eek:

I know this is a lot of work, and many are going to say forget it, however, I'm the kind that's hard-headed, and see's potential in everything, and steam isin't cheap. I was lucky to get that locomotive offered to be sold to me for the original price ($29.50 - :D) , it then became a bundle for a few other things for $50, and I've dealt with this the guy before (nice guy from up county). - :)

Moving on, so any ideas, I use DC by the way, so any ideas on getting a Pittman DC-60 motor, worm gear, and excentric rods? Any ideas on how to reserect this old timer at all? All are welcome to help, thanks. - :)

One last thing, it is the season for miracles, so anything could happen!!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, any ideas?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, maybe, I tried Bowser, and I know they got out of the steam game (like Baldwin, and Alco before!), but no reply yet! I've considered Yardbird too. How much does it cost for their rebuilding/overhualing services?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts