Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was about to take some pictures of my new atlas dash8-40CW, but that turned out to be a full blown session. perhaps i should have planned better for this and provide proper lighting but it is as is. still not to bad. comments on photo technique (not that i'm showcasing my best work) are welcome

the dash:

then i turned off the flash, and it got better

then i desided to get some cars in picture

and then i guess i just decided to roll with it

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
Anton,

Nice collection; nice photos ... crisp, well lit.

I really like the ones that turn blurry in the background. That type of photo really adds depth, and somehow tricks the eye to think you're looking at full size trains.

TJ

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,975 Posts
DSC_5265-vi.jpg

How come half came out blurry? :confused:
Front half looks great but the back half is all blurry.
Did you do that on purpose?

I love the way your rocky ledge came out, along with the bridge.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
those are really nice pictures and trains. what type of camera do you use?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ed, its depth of field , i can do so much with it. there is a way to post process number of pictures and compose one with broader area of focus, but those are straight from the camera. well, converted to JPG.

gc53, for this i used my DSLR, nikon D300 with 18-200mm lense, nothing to specific to macro photography but still amazing equipment. with that i took plenty with my ultra compact point and shooter. they are not that far behind

example (quite old picture) :

·
Registered
527 Posts
Anton...GREAT-looking railroad equipment there! Love the detail on them! You did a good job capturing them on camera! Nice landscape work too!

Chad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts