Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2065 Posts

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting this thread in hopes that it will catch on. About 10 years ago I was a moderator for a diecast forum and I started a thread like this one and it carried on for years. This will be a thread where the members will post one pic each day when possible. We all like pics. Most of us are here every day any way.
I have noticed we have been having a lot of guests lately to the S forum. That is great. Maybe they will join so they can participate.
You have to be a member to post pics. Its easy and its free. Simple idea. Post only one pic a day here. Pics can be anything AF. Try to have only one item in pic. Pic can be locomotive, AF accessory, or a car. If you run out of stuff to show start over.
With your pic tell us a little about the item. Like where you got it, if it is working, what you need to do to it, anything. Remember, only one pic here each day. Just so the thread will last longer. I love pics and hope you do also. I will start it off with next post.

And of coarse you can post more than one comment each day. Fly/onel items can be posted.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IMG_0398.JPG

This is my first AF locomotive. Got it used in 1955. It is a 1952 model. Runs great Being from when I was a kid I am fond of it.
Oh, its a 282, plastic body Pacific. I need to resolder wires from tender to engine plug. Since this pic I have installed a new harness.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'm not really up on AF trains, but I got this shell in a box of Marx stuff about 5 or 6 years ago. I believe it was originally a wind up with a battery tender for light. Any more info would be appreciated. Or if someone has the motor for it they would like to get rid of.
(I don't know if that should be in the Classified or not, if so just delete that portion.)

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow Panther, that is an old one. Pre War for sure. I know nothing about it. I tell you who might, Teledoc..
He messes with those old tin plate locomotives. If you think it might be O gauge post a pic in the O gauge forum and Teledoc will see it.

Better yet, post it in the "Tin Plate" forum. Someone there will know about it.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She's a beauty. That's great it is a smoker. Good job. Funny, I had already thought I would show my Royal Blue tomorrow. I will save it.
Did you put a LED in for headlight?

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IMG_0402.JPG

A fly/onel set. Beautiful train. From early 1980s. Southerm Pacific Day Light scheme.

PA locomotives A B A. With Railsounds.

I don't have a layout so most pictures are done on top of wall behind my house.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I almost got one of those Royal Blue sets. When I was around 6 or 7 my dad took me to a big hobby shop (Corr's in D.C.) to get a new train set for my birthday. I had an old Marx set but I wanted something more "interesting". When we got there he said pick what you like. They had a Royal Blue set, but I opted for a 3-car standard passenger set with a New Haven Pacific loco. It had a figure 8 of track with the set. I eventually traded the whole thing for an HO train table when I entered into the scale hobby about 10 years later.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Royal Blue is one good looking locomotive. I have one. Hope to add a smoke unit someday. They did not come with a smoke unit. Nor a hole in smoke stack. Easy enough to take care of with a drill. Kinda watching for a Silver Bullet locomotive for cheap to put under my Royal Blue shell. The Silver Bullet has smoke unit and the added side rod linkage like the Royal Blue.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Mopac, good idea starting this thread. For my first contribution I am unfortunately breaking a few of the rules you set. I will try to adhere closer with future contributions.
This is a Lackawanna Trainmaster from AM. I purchased it new at an S Fest many years ago in Chicago. It has been modified to add Railsounds and run with the Legacy control system.
The photo was taken today in the freight yard area of my layout.

8C60DC80-7391-4756-AFEC-0C3B2C3CB0C2.jpg

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are fine Tom. Great looking locomotive. Anything S scale is fine. Thanks for participating. This will give us something new to look at each day.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I was thinking about what I could post that would be both interesting and not something one sees every day. While my first trainset was purchased in 1950 by my parents I have been collecting in some manner since the late 1970’s. On the other hand some of these items may be totally boring to look at.
I cannot post every day since I am home usually only 4 days/week.So here goes.
Ever wonder how train sets and some other items got from the factory to the distributors. The answer is master cartons. Here is a master carton for shipping the 5108-W set. It holds two sets. Yes, this one has the two complete sets in it. One side has a closeup of the set info, the other is just the other side so the whole carton is visible.

C14E9659-2650-4111-814F-116AED1AE9BF.jpg

9F43CCFF-1F4E-46CC-AACA-A138ED3E3539.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
My Uncle Bill's 295 that I repainted, changed tender, added head and tail light, added smokestack, added DC can motor, added TMCC cruise lite and railsounds (including chuff switch on the smoke plunger gear), and added decals in attempt at a rough replica of the famous L&N 152. It's certainly no scale model, but it was my first attempt at many of these types of mods and it was done to a piece of my family's history.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We certainly have some great S scale collectors here. All neat stuff. thanks for showing
guys. This is already a great thread. We will get some neat ideas from each other. And
for me maybe some motivation for a layout.

1 - 20 of 2065 Posts