Model Train Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2079 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,981
In another thread today mentioned my Lionel diesel sets. I have showed these before but we do have some new guys
and I do not have anything else to show. I found pics of 3 of the sets. Could not find any of my repro Pony Express (UP). I will take some of the UP if sun ever comes out again.

IMG_0384.JPG
IMG_0402.JPG
IMG_0411.JPG

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,985
Return loops would be cool. I was looking at Gargraves track yesterday. Gargraves says
their Stainless Steel track is suitable for outside. One problem is not one of my trains could survive a fall from top of wall. It just could not happen.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Mopac reposted some nice Lionel Flyer sets. I thought I could do one as well as the beginning of some posts of “cabooses with matching engines.” I posted pictures of this first one many months ago, but not its correct engine mate.
The NP 48711 Black/gold caboose was made in 1995 to match with The NP 48014 GP9, also made in 1995. They look good together, I bought them as a pair in 1995. The 48711 was done using the same mold design as Gilbert used.
In 2010 the 48161 Legacy U33C was made in black/gold. This engine and caboose see a lot of running time on my layout.
7D7326C3-0C38-41D9-9C91-7518B5769493.jpeg
ACF7A136-E741-442F-AADD-5A41E40A920F.jpeg
EF033BE2-6AA0-4061-BDAB-C349457CFAA5.jpeg

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,988
The black/gold scheme does look good. Nice equipment.
The GP9 is one good looking locomotive.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The GP9 was run a lot when I first got it. Worked well, never any issues with it.
Great color combination. As my screen name implies, I do like GP9's. As a kid I remember many black Illinois Central GP9's and that green triangle on the side.

Kenny

·
Registered
645 Posts
My contribution to the photo of the day. All cars are new straight from my display case. The pictures of the Railway Express and New York Central cars are a bit blurred but I got tired of taking picture of those two over and over so those will have to do. Don't know why I couldn't get them to come out better.

Kenny
Piggy back flat cars 002.jpg
5-11-20 012.jpg
5-11-20 014.jpg

Not part of my “engines with matching cabooses” series but here is a PRR GP9 I run on the layout. Some of the operational dust is visible on it.

View attachment 542538
Nice Tom. Operational dust adds character.

Kenny

·
Registered
645 Posts
My photo of the day is what I have been working on. I now find my self out of the base cover screws. Does anybody have a PN and size? I thought I kept that information but for the life of me I cannot find it. Same screws fit the lantern cover too as I'm sure everybody knows. I've tried plenty of the suppliers but none give a description of the screw they show and so far I find they are using their PN. I thought the screw PN was S279 but not sure. There are a couple more I haven't gotten to on the bottom RH corner of the picture and one stray at the top in the LH corner.

Kenny
5-11-20 028.jpg

·
Registered
645 Posts
It is an S279.
It is an S279.
Thanks for that information regarding the screw. As bad as my memory is, I am surprised I remember that PN Tom. Also thanks for the kind words regarding my TOFC's. Some where I have 2 different numbers of the Monon American Flyer red and blue TOFC's and the loading/unloading ramp that goes with one of them. I suspect when I find the ramp I will find both of those cars too. I have got to get things cleaned up and organized.

Kenny

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,999
LOL, good luck on getting organized. Seems more stuff you get the harder to keep it all
straight. The flats with trailers are cool.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I was about to say I posted pictures of the only two TOFC's I had, The PRR with the Erector trailers and the Christmas REA, Reindeer Express Agency. Then you reminded me of the original 23830 Piggyback Unloader and Car set that I have.

1981 - 2000 of 2079 Posts