Model Train Forum banner

2141 - 2160 of 2176 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,144
You got 4 of them? Just kidding. Sometimes the pics post more than you want.
I have 2 or 3 log cars. I like them. You have a good hobby shop.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thanks i gues when i press in large lt makes 4 pics. This hobby shop nice guy.its me and one or two guys are flyer people so he keeps them in back and we pick thru them i think isaw some flyer o gage steamer.he has a 715 or 915 not sure which one next time i go i will pick it up he has 3 moroon color 650 9 something and a another 6 something look good .

·
Registered
680 Posts
Thanks i gues when i press in large lt makes 4 pics. This hobby shop nice guy.its me and one or two guys are flyer people so he keeps them in back and we pick thru them i think isaw some flyer o gage steamer.he has a 715 or 915 not sure which one next time i go i will pick it up he has 3 moroon color 650 9 something and a another 6 something look good .
Hey Al, I finally remembered to get you the name of that touch up paint I mentioned the other night. It is in fact "Sharpie"!!! It says on the tube that it is "oil based paint" and is a fine point type. That part is very important because I remember seeing medium point as well. Also there were other paint colors too. Just remember to look for the "oil based paint" description. As a reminder, that was at Hobby Lobby although I'm sure you could find it at other places that have the Sharpie brand. Maybe Walmart?

Kenny

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,147
If it is oil based I would have some thinner handy incase you need to wipe it off and do it again.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yesterday was my birthday so i went to my other hobby shop looking for a 100 watt transformer. He didnt have Aft one but had 2 lionel coudnt pass up the price. Plus bought other stuff here are photos. Transformers paid 30 for both.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,150
You will probably like the Lionel better than the AF ones. I will never use an AF to run trains again.
Have you tried the Lionel yet? You should be able to run your trains slower when you want to. Like
coming into a station.

Oh, and Happy Birthday!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
I havent trying to figure out how hook it and how it work specifically the with 4 knobs . and thankyou and trying to find info on that high tension stand if it lights up.

Al

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
You will want to be real careful using that Type V transformer with AF items. The Type V will output 25V with 115V on the primary. Today's residential voltage is now 120V so a V can output 26 to 27V. That voltage will quickly make your Gilbert items "Display Only". Consider using a meter on the output and marking the 15V position in red magic marker on the dials.

·
Registered
494 Posts
K all i want it for is acceries i started to read up on it sounds kinda tricky i paid 30.00 for both mabe. I will just get a aft 100 watt .thankyou

Al

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,159
Those are very cool Al. I like the paint scheme. Hope they run good for you.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thanks didnt at first but sprayed it with crc2 cleaned grease. From gears. Ran needs a good cleaning watching videos on repairs on diesels.

2141 - 2160 of 2176 Posts