Model Train Forum banner

2441 - 2460 of 2475 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,444
Tom, I have seen that silver CN box car. Almost pulled the trigger a few times. Good looking.

Al, I am not big on the Christmas cars but I really like that one. Good addition.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Like a very old Pringles commercial, it is hard to have just one Christmas boxcar. I can tell you all about what happens.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have a few of those Christmas cars also. I stopped buying them because they were addictive.

Here is a my Photo of The day of one of my glass case inhabitants. Looks like that end shot came out supersized.

Kenny

NH AF car 013.jpg
NH AF car 009.jpg

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yes they stand out Tom. That picture doesn't do that car justice. The orange looks better than shown. I even took the picture in my photo booth. I'm thinking I didn't have the overhead light set at the right angle. Trust me, I'm no photographer. Trial and error.

Kenny

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Kenny, for some reason those two pictures of the NH car have an overall reddish tint to them. I am not sure why that would happen with a modern non-film camera.
Here is a repost of my 5 digit NH, I think the color balance is good on this picture.

D57E64CA-ABBF-465A-AA9C-F83E2B92AA69.jpeg

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
This is interesting. When I looked at the above picture online I saw the color of the NYC boxcar is way off, it is not that kelly green, it should have more blue. The color of the NH is a bit to the red. I went back to the photo file on my iPad for comparison and the colors are spot on to the actual car! Something is happening to the colors in the posting and file storage process with the MTF site.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Maybe my lighting wasn't quite right on that NH car as I mentioned earlier. Maybe you are onto something in regards to the posting and file storage process with the MTF site. I think maybe I will play around with my lighting. My lighting in my photo booth where that picture was taken, is more over head than at an angle at present. I am not a photographer by any stretch. Trial and error has been my schooling. I don't know an F stop from a bus stop. I noticed the angle that you used to take the picture of your NH was at a slight downward angle while mine was straight on. I'll play around here and see what "develops". I did notice the color tint of the NYC car after you pointed if out.

Kenny

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I typically take pictures of the rolling stock at that angle so any roof details or paint colors are visible. Plus with a sheet metal chassis there is no underbody detail that would show in a track level picture. The color on this picture post is way off from my original. I had not noticed that in previous posts.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I just went back and looked at some of my posts from a year ago. The oranges in the posted images are way off when compared side by side with my original picture file. I never noticed that before.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I am posting this picture to see how the NYC green and the PRR blue green render on the MTF site. On my iPad and on my large screen TV monitor these car colors are exact matches for the actual car on the layout.

F675286C-FF29-44FD-B625-176FADDC1B4E.jpeg

2441 - 2460 of 2475 Posts