Model Train Forum banner

2641 - 2660 of 2905 Posts

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,642
Since I had never seen one I thought the price was good.
I will be watching for the 41002. I doubt I will find one cheap.
Good looking car.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Mopac, you seem to be doing real good since your internet over haul. How is the mail delivery? I finally got my Santa Fe 35-78013 "El Capitan" reefer from Springfield, MA that I bought 10/12/20! It came this past Thursday, 10/22/20,in transit 10 days. Since I was tracking it, the first thing I thought about was you and the ordeal you had. My car went through 8 postal stops. The weird part was that somehow it went from Springfield, MA, stopped twice in MA, then through a series of other postal stops, ended up in Dallas,TX!! Then took an indirect route to Champaign, Il, 80 miles away. My "local" sorting point. There it stayed for 3 days!! When it finally got to my post office, the mailman left me a notice that I had a box requiring my signature since I wasn't home when he brought it to my house. So I went to the P.O. to inquire. Yes it was there alright. It was stamped "fragile" in 3 different places by the seller. The box was pretty beaten up. The word "fragile" must mean "kick me around". The Post Master knows me and knows I collect trains and most are not cheap. That was the reason for the required signature. Fearing the worst, I opened the box. My car had been packed very well. The seller did a good job of packing otherwise who knows what that car would have looked like. Then I signed their stupid piece of paper that I accepted my parcel. So much for 3-5 days for Priority Mail!!

I forgot to mention your 801 buy. You got that cheap. I don't remember what I paid but it sure wasn't that cheap.

Kenny

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Nice bidding style 11 cents for a nice car your on it. Tom the picture is just the initial layout if it stays there will be a turnout for the caboose that will fit in the foreground of the picture.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,645
Thanks Doug.

I have showed these pics before but not for awhile. In the mood to post some pics.
These are some passenger trains by Lionel for S scale. I have voiced my opinion on
how they run. I think they are beautiful trains. Made in the 1980s and 1990s.
First is a Southern Pacific
Then C&O
Then the engine set for a MoPac train. I have all the cars.
I have a UP set but can't find any pics of it. Did post the cars behind my 336 northe
IMG_0402.JPG
IMG_0411.JPG
IMG_0384.JPG
IMG_0482.JPG

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,646
Kenny, the mail has been ok lately. It could change at any time. I have a package today
"out for delivery". It was mailed thursday, so not bad, but it is only coming from Iowa. It
is my TOFC american flyer trains trailers. Should be in the mailbox any minute.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,647
Got my 24550 and trailers. Its not mint but fine to run. I did not pay for a mint one.
LOL, front supports for the front axle and wheels of one trailer was broken when I
took it out of the shipping box. It did not happen in the mail. Had some glue on it.
I guess seller forgot to tell me about it. No biggie, I repaired it already. It is fine.
My trailer roofs are black, they looked silver in seller's pics.

IMG_0792.JPG

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Mopac, this year you should think about some snow pictures. The UP cars and the 4-8-4 would look great in a snow scene. I would take some but, well, it doesn't snow here.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Whatever you could stage after a light snow. Staging the trains on the wall always seems to result in good pictures.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
mopac, the train picture look great and I love the C & O. It looks like you picked a nice one with the 24550 and black roof too. well done again.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,655
Thanks Doug. I won another auction this morning with that 11 cent thing. Won by 11 cents over
2nd place bidder. Most people bid at an even dollar amount. 11 cents made the difference. I find
it funny sometimes. Of coarse sometimes I lose by a bid of 61 cent odd bid. And I am 2nd place
bidder. Beat by 50 cents. I lose more than I win. Thank goodness.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I too use a cents thing on my bidding and it is 87 cents. In addition I bid in early just to get in the bid listing and then I increase my max bid in the last 3 to 4 seconds as it is only a single click bid. Sometimes it works and some times I save money. What did you win today?

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,657
I won a Northern Pacific lionel car new in box. From 2002. Red white and blue in color.
With the metal trucks. Can't remember the model #. will add it in a bit. 22.11 plus 8.00 shipping.

Its a boxcar 6-48348
I

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The few times I have been bidding on eBay, I have always used and odd cents thing too with mixed results. No big deal. I just started back on eBay in the last few weeks. Laid off for years because people tended to over rate, and flat out lie about what they are selling. By nature I have a very low trust factor. Instead I was relying on train shows. Now those are few if any, and I am back to trying eBay. No engines though. I have gotten a couple of cars that seller rated C9. They are. I will try to post pictures today. One of them was the one I described as taking a USPS scenic tour of the
country.

Mopac those wall passenger train shots are still neat. I like Tom's idea of setting them up with a little snow behind them. That American Flyer TOFC car looks good to me. I have been wondering why you thought you were getting silver trailer roofs. I feared you might be getting somebody's repro's. Looks like all is well in Missouri critter land.

Kenny

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Good price, I'm looking at Lionel NP Box cars and is your a Bicentennial ? That red, white and blue car is off the chain, dang....

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,660
For the snow shots I have some pine trees that will look good in the shots.
I will try to set out a few in front of the trains. LOL, if I can find them. Weatherman
predicted less than normal snowfall this winter. Less than last year would be none.
Back in the 1980s 6 to 18 inches were common. Not the case in last 10 years.

2641 - 2660 of 2905 Posts