Model Train Forum banner

2961 - 2980 of 3002 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Runs good good but doesnt smoke so i sprayed some crc and wait about 2 hours and see if not not a big deal just buy the kit. Thankyou.
Al

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,967
My mail box has been busy again. Not worth taking pics. Good stuff but no pics.
I got 2 bottles of Mega Steam smoke fluid. Going back to Super Smoke fluid.
I got the AC Gilbert tribute box car. We have seen it.
Today I really got a hodge pot of stuff. 6 K-Line straight track, 6 Gilbert curve track, 3 or 4
Gilbert half straight track, 3 or 4 Gilbert half curve track, remote uncoupler, a caboose chassis no trucks, 2 remote buttons, a pretty nice yellow and blue 720A turnouts box with inserts. 47 track clips. Got all this for 20.00 plus shipping. Just the clips are worth that.
Seller must have got rid of a box of AF stuff. I still have 3 or 4 packages heading this way.
Still one mailed Dec 11 heading here. The mail is totally screwed up.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,970 (Edited)
Got this cool diecast panel truck from Menards. It was free for buying any train item at 19.99 or higher. Sadly it is O scale. One in S scale would be fantastic. Menards only does O scale and HO scale. They have become a player in O scale. I do have O scale trains so this is a keeper.

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Nice. I did not realize Menards was selling HO as well as O. Does not really matter since I am about 1200 Miles from the closest store.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,972 (Edited)
I knew they did not go much farther east than me. I guess not much farther west. Just central US.
We have 3 or 4 stores in the area. They ship to my closes store and I pick up there. No shipping
charge to me. They have like a 2.00 service fee for online purchases. They will ship to you but will
charge shipping. I have 5 or 6 free vehicles from them. Most have lit headlights and lit tail lights.
They are plug and play. I will try to get some pics of them lit. A couple weeks ago I got a C&NW
stake bed truck with lights. I just order a box car or tank car for 19.99 and get a free 29.99 LED
lit vehicle. A deal to me. The free vehicles are online only. No in store purchases. The in store deal
now is a brown grocery bag. Anything that fits in it is 15% off, including train items. That makes a new box car about 16.99. Are they Lionel quality ,no, but not bad stuff. Maybe they will do S scale some day. I have an army train I got from Menards. I bought it piece by piece. They don't do engines YET.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Menards has been doing O and HO from the beginning. They also have done a couple buildings suitable for HO, O, and S gauge. One was a power plant building. Since it was that kind of building, it would have worked with all 3 gauges, according to the clear package. I forget what the other was. If I were into HO or O I would probably buy some of their buildings. They have at least 2 that are track side buildings with rail car docks. I've looked at them in the store. They are good looking buildings. The buildings run from 75.00-100.00+. The closest Menards to me had a large inventory during the month before Christmas. Lots of rolling stock, track, and train sets. This year was by far the biggest display they have had to date. There is still a good selection left.

Kenny

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,977
Happy New Year to you. Old trucks are cool. nice pic Tom.
IMG_0852.JPG

Here are some promised pics of some of the lit vehicles I got from Menards.
The last pic is my latest Menards purchase. Very nice box car. 19.99 and a
29.99 lit vehicle, what not to like.

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG
IMG_0855.JPG
IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG
IMG_0851.JPG

2961 - 2980 of 3002 Posts