Model Train Forum banner

3161 - 3180 of 3218 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Interesting car, I do not recall seeing that one. It is the first day of spring so the sun should be shining.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,163
Kenny, I like the car, glad I bought it, and like you said it was cheap. One thing I am not fond of is
the orange color. No the color is fine. Problem is it is not painted on, it is molded in the plastic body.
As you know when the color is in the plastic the item looks plastic. When something is painted you
usually don't know what the item is made of. Could be plastic, could be wood, could be metal. Its
still a keeper. Never seen one before.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,168
Here are 3 cars I got about 1 month ago and never showed. I like all 3. The first is a Wabash
box car. It was made in 1988. I have no item number, it did not come with a box. It was only
12.11 plus shippng so that is ok. It is used but only a little. The other 2 cars are PRR box cars. NIB.
All 3 cars have sintered trucks. The Pennsy cars were 28.50 each plus shipping, same seller.

IMG_0873.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0875.JPG

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
The first two I have on the layout, pretty sure I have not previously seen the the 3rd one with Gilbert on the side. Nice cars and as always you paid less for them than I did.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,170 (Edited)
Tom, I knew you would like the 2 PRR cars. You have said you like PRR cars. Me too. I saw that Gilbert. I have not noticed it on other cars made by Lionel. Item number is 6-48330. From 1997. Yellow and blue box. The first PRR is in a red, white,blue box.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Tomorrow I will verify that I do not have a 6-48330. Then I will discuss getting my wife to work finding one on ebay. My layout is loosely based on the PRR and connecting RR's around the Pittsburgh area. My New haven equipment is an anomaly.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,172
Tom, I searched ebay this morning for any 6-48330. Found 2. Both over priced. And too high
of shipping. I searched completed auctions and found 2 from last month. Again there was two.
Both were described as "pre owned and like new". They looked "like new". Both went for under 20.00.
Big difference. No reason to jump on the 2 that are on now. Have patience. If you don't
already have one.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,174
2 more cars from ebay. Both are used but in very good condition. The REA looks to be new but does show some wear
on the wheels. The Illinois Central car was 8.50 plus 6.75 shipping. The REA was 16.00 plus 10.00 shipping.
I like the REA cars, I do not know if this one is a double but I have 4 REA cars.

IMG_0876.JPG

IMG_0877.JPG

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
The IC E8's and the Budd IC cars are long sold out. I am surprised Ron does not do a rerun of these.
I do like that song.

3161 - 3180 of 3218 Posts