Model Train Forum banner

3281 - 3287 of 3287 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Nice layout photograph showing the passenger set. Every time I see this section of your layout I think about tearing part of my layout up and duplicating to some degree. Not exactly like yours. just a variation. Then I think do I really need to or want to? Probably won't do a thing. Just imagining. Layout building used to be fun. That was at least 10 years ago. Now..........

Kenny

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,283 ·
No stool yet Kenny. I am sure there is one in my future. Knees are getting better.

Yes, I am getting excited about my new E8s. Hoping for saturday delivery. Hope they will be good
running locomotives. I have always liked E8s. These might be my first E8s in any scale. So I had
to go to Youtube.

20 Years of PRR E8s - YouTube

Click on link and then on the square with open lnk.

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,284 ·
I was out one day maybe a mile from the house and UP's redone E8s went by. Very cool. No camera with me.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Mopac did you get that rolling stool? How's the knees?

Flyernut, how did your surgery go?

Kenny
Monday... I stopped my Plavex yesterday, had my Covid test today, and start my pre-surgery eye drops tomorrow..Spoke to the surgeon today, they're going to make me far-sighted, and I'll still need glasses because of a astigmatism I have. To correct the astigmatism, it will be $1000 per eye extra, not covered through insurance as it's considered cosmetic."They" said I'll see a whole lot better, no yellow tints,and things will appear nice and sharp with no halos around lights....I hope so or I'll be driving a nice 1940 Willys,lol!!!!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Monday... I stopped my Plavex yesterday, had my Covid test today, and start my pre-surgery eye drops tomorrow..Spoke to the surgeon today, they're going to make me far-sighted, and I'll still need glasses because of a astigmatism I have. To correct the astigmatism, it will be $1000 per eye extra, not covered through insurance as it's considered cosmetic."They" said I'll see a whole lot better, no yellow tints,and things will appear nice and sharp with no halos around lights....I hope so or I'll be driving a nice 1940 Willys,lol!!!!
If your surgery goes as well as mine you well be happy. I too have a astigmatism so I still need glasses, but not as strong. In fact on a cloudy day I can drive without them. I don't make a habit of doing that but I could if needed to for some reason. Since I grew up wearing glasses, that's the first thing I grab in the morning.

Kenny

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
If your surgery goes as well as mine you well be happy. I too have a astigmatism so I still need glasses, but not as strong. In fact on a cloudy day I can drive without them. I don't make a habit of doing that but I could if needed to for some reason. Since I grew up wearing glasses, that's the first thing I grab in the morning.

Kenny
I've been wearing glasses since the second grade. On the way home from getting my glasses I was amazed as there were road signs and all sorts of things,lol!!! My parents were laughing at me!!

3281 - 3287 of 3287 Posts