Model Train Forum banner
3401 - 3420 of 3427 Posts

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,401 ·
After our new patios and wall were completed I did our complete roof with white LEDs. It was beautiful. The people behind us called, the people on sides of us called. They really appreciated all the work I had done. It was so much work it never happened again. They look good Tom, I am sure any of the people that can see them will be happy.

I am getting behind with my pics of new to me items. I got a new PFE car, a red 633 ( watching for a white one, my Marx bridge made it, along with the AF girder bridge, the 2 coal bins, got a nice 984 NH car, I bought a 336 northern today, that will give me 2 332ACs, 2 K335s, and 2 336s. Why 2 of each, I have no idea. Seller had a 325.00 Buy It Now or best offer on the 336. I offered 285.00 and he took it. Suppose to run strong, large motor. Looks complete except one number board missing. Should be worth 285.00, plus shipping of coarse. The new to me 336 has pulmor. Out of 6 northerns this will be the only one with pulmor wheels. Just seemed like a good deal so I bought it. I can't pass on a good deal. My other 336 almost looks like it just rolled out of the paint shop. It is original paint. I paid 425.00 for it. It is nice. New one does have some paint chips, but still a nice looking steamer. I will get pics of all the new stuff soon.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,403 ·
There and photo of the day. I tend to put engines in "added to roster" and cars
in "photo of the day". Any way is acceptable. I have still not unpacked my FlyerChief #1225.
I might paint my red Marx bridge black. Just so it matches my AF bridge better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Remember local TV after-school kids' shows of some sixty years ago? Growing up in Seattle, mine was "Brakeman Bill". I was into Popeye and Betty Boop, but more into that he was running American Flyer, like I was. Got his pic, though since he didn't personalize it, I added my name myself. Later he abandoned AF and instead brought in this guy to give day-by-day demonstrations of his new book, "HO Railroad That Grows". I felt utterly betrayed.

Musical instrument Guitar accessory Gesture Smile Font

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,409 ·
Not a good sunny day but got in the mood to finally get these pics done.
First are 2 bridges got for 14.50 plus shipping. also got 2 blue coal bins
with the bridges. The red trestle is Marx. might paint it black to more match
the AF trestle bridge I got.

Plant Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tree

Plant Grass Road surface Wood Vehicle

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Thin shank, 1946; thick shank, 1947. Since the 633 is unpainted red, it should be a 1947 with thick shank couplers and a die cast chassis. Of course red unpainted 633's were made in 1948 and beyond but they would have coupler weights. Plastic chassis were supposedly only used on 1946 cars and the only documented 1946 633's were all tuscan or tuscan/white.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,417 ·
curiouser and curiouser. At first I thought the frames were die cast, then decided they were plastic.
Might have to take a knife to them. Thanks for the info.

3401 - 3420 of 3427 Posts