Model Train Forum banner

341 - 360 of 2475 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
For todays post I have an item I found on a vendor’s table. It is in new condition, never used. This is the only one of these I have ever seen. It makes me wonder what else is out there to be found.

View attachment 505508

View attachment 505510

View attachment 505512
Well, at least there are two of them that were made. I remember seeing one on ebay a few years ago. The seller didn't know too much more about it but what the box showed. The tool was in the box, but only some of the spikes in a bag, no boxes. Definitely a conversation piece. Nice find.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I only have one big motor. Its in my 336 Northern. Nothing wrong with smaller motor.
I have 2 northerns, one big motor, one smaller motor. They both run good but maybe its in my head but I would rather have the large motor. A Hudson with large motor figure 200 or more for a nice one. I keep
looking for a large motor in anything that seller does not know and no one else sees it. LOL, has not happened yet.
If I could have only one engine it would be a Hudson.
That is good info, thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
IMG_0640.JPG

I had a chance to get 2 of these from flyguy55 and I jumped on it.
They are some of my favorite cars.
AF 647

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
They are pretty nice. The one on the right has some age cracks in the brown roof paint.
Roof paint seems thicker on that one. No paint flaking.

·
Registered
272 Posts
When I tested this I thought there was a problem, but it was easily fixed. The junction of the wire from power source to winding and lights was not insulated and arcing to the structure. A bit of shrink tubing did the trick. Works like new and has two clean 696 track trips. I try and focus on postwar to mid 1950's 3-digit accessories. My research indicates that this is a 759, sold in a 23763 box, so it basically fits that requirement.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

This is how I store my AF steamers and cars. An Atlantic or a
Pacific fit with tenders attached. Northerns have to have tender
detached. They cost $3.00 including tax and I get them at a local baseball card shop. They stack great. I have 13 of them. I have an inventory list and each item has the number of the box item is in. Each box is numbered. It does make finding something easier.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Nice looking N.P. cars mopac. The only extra car Dad bought for our trains was a 947 N.P. I always liked this car. Like your 759 shaker281, a 5 digit box puts it at a 1957 production. Good job getting it straightened out.

341 - 360 of 2475 Posts