Model Train Forum banner

361 - 380 of 2475 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Here's a trio of 928 flatcars. A gray die-cast C.& N.W. log car (42597). A black die-cast New Haven log car, and a black plastic New Haven lumber car. IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG Nice layout pics. Don, Thanks for sharing them.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Very nice. I do not think I have seen one of them before. Probably a lot out there I have not seen.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Very nice. I do not think I have seen one of them before. Probably a lot out there I have not seen.
Thanks.

It works off a track trip, but that causes it to bounce a bit when the train passes. I'll wire it to a switch instead. That dark dot below the gate is actually a hole and a light bulb shines up from beneath and illuminates the little red lantern.

I always watch for things that are post-war up to about 1959, particularly if metal and sporting the accessory green theme. Matches the vintage of both my 1948 Pacific Freight and my 1957 Santa Fe Freight.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
IMG_0641.JPG

I am a fan of tank cars. I have 3 Gulf tankers. 2 3 digit and 1 5
digit cars. These are 2 625Gs. On my want list is a 3 dome MobilGas red tank car. I also notice we have over 8,000 views on this thread so it seems to be a popular thread. Hee Hee, I knew it would be. Good job guys. Keep the pics coming.

These 2 tankcars could use a bath, other than dust they are in decent condition. I also have a 5 digit Gulf with knuckle couplers.
I hope to get a few more of these and have a nice train with just Gulf tankers.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Note the one on the right has 3 spring trucks so it is likely a later production. Don't forget about the 926 and 24313 Gulf 3 dome tank cars for your all Gulf train.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Good looking tank cars. I like the die-cast frame ones even though they have less detail than the plastic frame ones. They are heavier and seem to track better. Here's my pic for the day. A boxed 716 automatic dump car from 1948. Somehow, I have managed to misplace the bag of coal. :confused: IMG_0004.JPG

361 - 380 of 2475 Posts