Model Train Forum banner

481 - 500 of 2475 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Staying with the tank car theme. Here is my only Pike-Master car. A 24329 from 1964/65 with a split tank and railings and platform. The split tank is a tank with the bottom of the tank part of the plastic frame instead of being a complete cylinder mounted on the frame. I have to learn to keep my fingers out of the picture. IMG_0029.JPG

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Another nice car. The Pikemaster cars can be ok to run if kept in the middle of a consist and no uncoupling is required. i have many similar pictures with the out of focus object in the upper left corner!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Broke I have used the paint brush bristles for grass/weeds for years. I buy the cheapest yellow bristle brushes I can find. They really do work great. Some times I leave them as is, other times I will spray a coat of some green paint on the bristles. I also vary the height of them.
This is a case of answering my question before I even asked it!
Just the sort of thing I need to know at this juncture.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Mine too. F.I.L. worked for the pennsy. and retired in 1967 before the merger with N.Y.C. do to health reasons. My M.I.L. had a lifetime pass on Amtrak.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #489
WOW!!! That cable spool car is nice. Never seen one like that.

Cramden, you have many 100.00 cars.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #490
IMG_0536.JPG

2 B&O cars. Both Lionel cars. They were both ebay deals.
New in box. $15.00 or less each.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Nice cars mopac. I like the older Flyonel cars that have the original type knuckle couplers with the weight instead of the ones with the tab and springs on them. Shaker 281, not a former weco employee, the P.R.R is my favorite R.R. Speaking of favs. here's one for you mopac. IMG_0033.JPG

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #493
Nice Mopac car. I do like those. I do not have one yet. When I find one I like it
costs too much.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Thanks, they're out there but no too high in price. The stock cars are M.P.'s also, and are plentiful along with the operating cars for the cattle loader accessory.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I am back, was off traveling on a 2 week vacation and had no access to the trains. Here are pictures of the #31 Railroad Signs, a relatively common item new in the box (NIB). It even has the packing slip.

650C28A0-B87F-49A6-B8E5-83772FB0FB32.jpg

C02D1439-9806-4BD9-A7D5-AE31F843E0B5.jpg

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Yes, they are metal. I have my original set, no longer in the box. There is some scratching on the paint and one sign broke on the post. The metal is easy to break.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #498
IMG_0439.JPG

Another pic of my 326. I have a 322 and a 326 Hudson. They both look pretty nice.
Might have to get a 324 Hudson.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #500
Yes I have both. I would rather have all knuckle but link is fine. I have never converted
link to knuckle. I have a few cars that someone converted. I have a couple transition
cars with link on one end and knuckle on the other. They are hoppers. Easy to change
one of the trucks. Trucks are held on with screws not rivets. So I can run any of my cars.

There is no rhyme or reason to my collection. LOL.

481 - 500 of 2475 Posts