Model Train Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 2484 Posts

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
For the record, I do not untangle strings of lights. For me, patience is measured in seconds or fractions thereof. I am careful to roll up the light cords so they can just be unspooled the following year. Like some of you I put up fewer of the large outside lights this year.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I previously posted a picture of the No.31 Railroad signs. Here is a picture of the No.30 Highway Signs on the left and the No.32 City Street Equipment on the right.

E376959A-AE2B-4C37-9015-317C9ABB779F.jpg

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,245
Cool signs. I do not have any of those sets.

Nice 283 and 303. Better get some front pilot wheels for the 283.
I think I have 2 283 and 0 303.

·
Registered
183 Posts
For the record, I do not untangle strings of lights. For me, patience is measured in seconds or fractions thereof. I am careful to role up the light cords so they can just be unspooled the following year. Like some of you I put up fewer of the large outside lights this year.

I thought I was careful winding mine up on those orange extension cord carriers.
I also have a short attention span/patience and don't like to untangle. My wife might've had something to do with storage.
I might just take and hang those orange carriers w/lites in the trees as they are.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Back on topic.

I really like seeing those daily pictures. You guys have some amazing stuff.

This is about the first thread I look at daily with my morning coffee.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Here are three more of the little items I collected back when I thought I would have a small train store display. These are the 5 digit versions in the red/white boxes. I also have 3 digit versions in blue/yellow and in plain brown boxes. when I find them I will post pictures. These are all NIB.

868B3864-F2AC-4518-BEA5-D6DFD5212F72.jpg

F16FFC87-9068-4C2E-AB96-B112817BFE0E.jpg

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I'll try to respond to all of the previous posts without confusing myself or others.
Kenny, I wasn't sure if it was your post about the Christmas lights, maybe it was Shaker281, hope he's alright, he hasn't posted recently.

Nice pair of engines asidlikjr, the 283 was my first engine as a boy in 1955. I think I have 5 now, and a pair of 303's.

Nice 30 and 32 sets Tom. Do you have the 34 railway figure set? It wouldn't surprise me if you do. I have scaled back on all decorating from previous years. My wife doesn't want me climbing ladders and such. I have been using a pre-lit fake tree to avoid the tangled light syndrome and just add colored lights since my wife likes the white ones and then we're both happy. Anyway, back to the picture of the day. Here's one of my 303's.

IMG_0207.JPG

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Here are three more of the little items I collected back when I thought I would have a small train store display. These are the 5 digit versions in the red/white boxes. I also have 3 digit versions in blue/yellow and in plain brown boxes. when I find them I will post pictures. These are all NIB.

View attachment 518222

View attachment 518224
Missed this one while posting.
So now I know who is buying all of the bulb boxes I see for sale. Nice with the bulbs inside.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I only bought the little boxes that were new condition with the original bulbs inside. Got those at a train show 10 years ago.
I do not have the 34 set. I never saw one in new condition and even the less than perfect ones were at $1,000. I quit looking.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I never saw one in person and the only picture I've seen of one is in the Gilbert Gallery. At those prices, it wouldn't have mattered to me.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Kenny, my wfe died 4 years ago also. She loved Christmas. We always had lots of
decorations insde and out. Lots of lights. Our male golden retriever died 2 months before the wfe.
So it is just me here. No decorations for 4 years. I am fine with that. Glad I don't
have to take that stuff down and pack it away.
Mopac, sounds like you and I have the same thoughts regarding Christmas decorations and for the same reason. I still like all the decorations....in somebody else's house. Out door displays too. I'm not a Grinch. Like you say, I don't have to take all that stuff down, repack it then back to the basement. The pre-lit tree I have comes apart in 3 pieces then back into the box and back to the top of the basement freezer. 2 trips down the stairs and done.

Kenny

·
Registered
839 Posts
I thought I was careful winding mine up on those orange extension cord carriers.
I also have a short attention span/patience and don't like to untangle. My wife might've had something to do with storage.
I might just take and hang those orange carriers w/lites in the trees as they are.
I used the same orange extension cord carriers you mentioned. I have so many in that old freezer it just looks like a snake pit. Glad I bought that pre-lit tree. Simplifies everything.
I too am short on untangling patience which is why I used those extension cord carriers. Besides, I got train engines to test my patience on when working on them. Funny how I have waaaay more patience for those old AF steamers than anything else!

Kenny

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Here is another accessory that was packed with some sets, mostly uncatalogued sets. It is not rare but not many show up at train shows unused in the original box.

E32328B6-98B2-405E-99D3-E3373F818829.jpg

CAC16CAC-E70D-4ACD-AA1B-15418EFFB689.jpg

·
Registered
499 Posts
Here is another accessory that was packed with some sets, mostly uncatalogued sets. It is not rare but not many show up at train shows unused in the original box.

View attachment 518500

View attachment 518502
There's someone here in the Portland, OR area selling one for $15 on Facebook. The ad says it looks all the parts are there so apparently it's been opened.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Nice one Tom, never had one but saw some at shows. The only one I had was the 770 girder trestle set that came in an uncatalogued 20175 set that I sold long ago.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Not a photo but a story.. A gal was selling her Dad's trains, which included 2 large transformers, tracks, switches, buildings, water tower, passenger station, 315, a 307, various freight cars, but the best part of the deal was the Red Baldwin M&St.L switcher with 3 red stripe passenger cars all for the grand total of $40 bucks!!. I sent her a message warning her she was about to be ripped off, and told her the total should be alot more. She took down the ad and placed a price of $800 of best offer. Every 3 days she dropped the price $100 dollars but still couldn't sell them. She finally dropped it down to $399 and I offered her $300. She said no, if I came up to $375 I could have them. I said no, but the $300 dollar offer was good until Christmas. She then had someone else post a ad for the trains, selling them separately. I again offered the person selling them $300 for the Baldwin, the cars, and the 2 steamers... The ad no longer exists, and I never received a answer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
A good story Flyernut. Hopefully she didn’t get ripped off. Reminds me of a few years ago when I saw someone post a 334 DC and a bunch of cars on freecycle. No cost. Just come pick them up. I responded to the add right away, but with the volume of responses the poster figured out that he/she should take it down. Not long later I saw the same stuff posted on Craigslist.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,260
Got this in the mail yesterday. A 700 box of 12 straight track.
Track in great condition. I am not a cardboard collector. The
OB is not that big of a deal to me. But this box is very nice.
All flaps are nice. The best part is it was 1.99 on ebay. 9 ship.
I don't know yet if I needed more track but at that price I had to go.

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

1241 - 1260 of 2484 Posts