Model Train Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1621 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Lets see if I can follow flyernut and get a picture posted. This a rather common engine with an uncommon set of cars. Set K5418T from 1954. The 303 Atlantic with the Chestnut striped cars. I have the wrapper and the car boxes(packed away) but no set box. Picked this up from a friends friend. He was the original owner and his brother had the K5419T freight set with the same 303 Atlantic. I bought that one too but it was played with a lot more than this one.

IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0211.JPG
IMG_0212a.JPG
IMG_0213a.JPG

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Thanks Tom for the picture help.Still trying to get used to the new format. They are real clean. The hardest part is to find them without the brown paint grazed and cracked. These were as usual, not what I went looking for, they found their way to me. The fellow said he and his brother liked the freight set to play with as kids. Both the engines are in great shape but the freight cars are about very good. Needless to say, I paid quite a bit more for the passenger set but it was worth it even without the set box and transformer and track.I would be tempted to get a set box if I could without breaking the bank.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Today working on the pond - more ideas than room - I think the hobo are moving in

Enon49 View attachment 539619
That looks cool, different, that is for sure.
You just need a lot more of the blue things.
The dock looks great too.(y)

·
Registered
281 Posts
That looks cool, different, that is for sure.
You just need a lot more of the blue things.
The dock looks great too.(y)
Many more blue things - I am going to change directions later today
The hobos are coming
The blue things are glass half marbles for an aquarium

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Many more blue things - I am going to change directions later today
The hobos are coming
The blue things are glass half marbles for an aquarium
I thought they looked familiar, my dentist has a bunch of little fish bowls with one fish in each and some kind of plant.
I just went there last week. :)
They do look nice.
I wonder if you fill in the spots around them with a little of the blue aquarium gravel if it would make them look like waves?
Though they do look like waves now, but it would fill in the empty spots between them.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Though looking again, there is not that many empty spots in between them.
Did you use 2 different shades of blue? A dark blue and a light blue?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I thought they looked familiar, my dentist has a bunch of little fish bowls with one fish in each and some kind of plant.
I just went there last week. :)
They do look nice.
I wonder if you fill in the spots around them with a little of the blue aquarium gravel if it would make them look like waves?
Though they do look like waves now, but it would fill in the empty spots between them.
Blue Gravel - small - good idea
Thanks

Enon49

·
Registered
281 Posts
Though looking again, there is not that many empty spots in between them.
Did you use 2 different shades of blue? A dark blue and a light blue?
All the gravel purchased at one time - Same number on bag - to make sure all was the same

The pond does extent across the track - the marble look is different there

Again, thanks for you help

Enon49

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,571
All the gravel purchased at one time - Same number on bag - to make sure all was the same

The pond does extent across the track - the marble look is different there

Again, thanks for you help

Enon49

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,573
This is a test. Seeing if I can post a pic in this new format. Sure did not see this
coming.

I think this will work.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Enon49,
It almost looks like 2 different shades of blue now.
Which would work too, as there are spots that will be shaded like around the dock and under the bridge.
If you had 2 different shades you could blend in some shady spots.
Just a suggestion, I think it looks nice now.
And it is different. :)(y)

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,575 (Edited)
It did not work. I do not like the new format. Does not flow like the old did.
Thought I could post a pic. I was wrong. I a going to find a new train forum.
I will let you guys know what I find. This one will not work for me.
cramden, those passenger cars are awesome. very nice.
C ya
c

c

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
mopac, an easy way to post a picture is click on the paperclip, it brings up a link to your pictures, select the ones you want, then pick thumbnail or full size, then Post. I always select preview before post but that is just a personal preference.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
This is a test. Seeing if I can post a pic in this new format. Sure did not see this
coming. View attachment 539641

I think this will work.
It didn't work, but when I reply here I see the caboose.
Down the bottom left when your typing just click the insert image, (4th from the left) find your picture and drag and drop or pick the "click here" and do it like we used to.
Once you get used to it it is easier.
Yours are not showing as a picture to us.

See,
EDIT ,I TOOK PICTURE OUT.
Edit again, Hmmm,I took out the large picture but see a small one now?
Like they said too, clicking the paperclip works too.
I don't know what you did but Lee did the same thing in his post and got the same result as you did.
His is working now.
Edit a third time, I see how I can gt rid of the picture I will do that now.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,578
I will try to post another pic. Ed, since you saw it I had to be close. I am sure it is easy
once you learn.

Now my pic is showing in my post above. What up that.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Yesterday Cramden posted pictures of an unusual Gilbert set, a 303 pulling streamlined passenger cars with a chestnut colored band. That caused me to get pictures posted of a freight set that used the engine that normally pulled the passenger cars in Cramden’s set.
This set, cataloged in 1956 is the 5645TRH. The TRH indicates the set has a transformer and the engine has the diesel roar and electronic horn features. In addition this set included 4 #700 straight track sections and a 706 remote uncoupler.
The first picture is the catalog description page. The second picture shows the set box label with a legible set number stamp. This box does not have a date code stamped on it, apparently some were stamped and some were not. The third picture shows the box manufacturers stamp with the 56 date. The box number is as documented for this set.
The 4th picture is the set contents in the box, the next picture is the contents unpacked, all the number stampings are legible and strong. Note Gilbert used three different fonts for these stamps. Most boxes have the standard outline style letters. The caboose box uses an extended serif style font and the Horn Control box uses a solid sans serif font.
Next is some of the paper in the set. These are all two sided but I only show the front side.
The engine sits in a formed cardboard tray inside the corrugated wrap. The engine is in excellent shape and all the cars are like new. This set saw very little usage.
The horn control is a black cardboard tube in a black base and the uncoupler is the green version with a black control button.

514BB3CD-05BE-436C-8060-0438BF99C6AB.jpeg
B7AB6569-1262-4E06-A232-DF76B2831048.jpeg
AE8FFF94-3443-4ADD-BDCB-E1EF74A0E34C.jpeg
00AF1DF9-772A-4DE8-9261-C2DA3B78C77E.jpeg
5AC1C8E2-0A58-4D37-B920-230CA6384C63.jpeg
F962028C-C795-42D7-8787-13354B3B7E95.jpeg
B458ED55-A8E2-4152-930F-D2B37F04C9CB.jpeg
657BBFCD-9448-4704-AABB-515F36560886.jpeg
CF21869F-95F4-43FA-95B5-A4FB5163DDBD.jpeg

1561 - 1580 of 1621 Posts