Model Train Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1618 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Mopac, I see the 977 caboose picture in your post.
I see them in yours now.
Maybe because I posted the picture? I will go back and take it out and see what happens. In the mean time try to post a different picture like I told you it is easier then the other setup. Once you know.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Big Ed, I find the new new system easier and faster to post pictures. I just click on the paper clip once for each picture I want to insert. I will try your way next. For clarity I post all my pictures to the MTF using an iPad, not a computer.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Big Ed, I find the new new system easier and faster to post pictures. I just click on the paper clip once for each picture I want to insert. I will try your way next. For clarity I post all my pictures to the MTF using an iPad, not a computer.
Mine are all with the computer, I wonder what Mopac is using.
Yours came out nice, the paperclip is just as easy. The other one I use is about the same thing.
No reason to find another RR site, once he figures it out he will see.
Everyone who has not dealt with the setup here now will go through a learning curve.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,584
Tom, love your Silver Flash set. Very nice. Thanks for showing.

I am using a lap top with pics on a SD card.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Tom, love your Silver Flash set. Very nice. Thanks for showing.

I am using a lap top with pics on a SD card.
Really it is just about the same as the old forum.
Just use the paperclip like you did before. Or I find it easier yet doing what I do.
I don't drag and drop just upload them.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,588
I viewed pic in "Preview". It was there. But not in my post just above. It will show up in a bit.
I Still don't have it.

Woo Hoo, Its there now.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yesterday Cramden posted pictures of an unusual Gilbert set, a 303 pulling streamlined passenger cars with a chestnut colored band. That caused me to get pictures posted of a freight set that used the engine that normally pulled the passenger cars in Cramden’s set.
This set, cataloged in 1956 is the 5645TRH. The TRH indicates the set has a transformer and the engine has the diesel roar and electronic horn features. In addition this set included 4 #700 straight track sections and a 706 remote uncoupler.
The first picture is the catalog description page. The second picture shows the set box label with a legible set number stamp. This box does not have a date code stamped on it, apparently some were stamped and some were not. The third picture shows the box manufacturers stamp with the 56 date. The box number is as documented for this set.
The 4th picture is the set contents in the box, the next picture is the contents unpacked, all the number stampings are legible and strong. Note Gilbert used three different fonts for these stamps. Most boxes have the standard outline style letters. The caboose box uses an extended serif style font and the Horn Control box uses a solid sans serif font.
Next is some of the paper in the set. These are all two sided but I only show the front side.
The engine sits in a formed cardboard tray inside the corrugated wrap. The engine is in excellent shape and all the cars are like new. This set saw very little usage.
The horn control is a black cardboard tube in a black base and the uncoupler is the green version with a black control button.

View attachment 539648 View attachment 539649 View attachment 539650 View attachment 539651 View attachment 539652 View attachment 539653 View attachment 539654 View attachment 539655 View attachment 539656
Yep, its there Mopac.
Another great looking set Tom, so hard to find the Chestnut engines or cars that aren't beat up. Maybe they weren't as popular as the other more colorful offerings.
Nice picture mopac of your frontier cars with the 293, they look a lot better than when they're being pulled by the Franklin, I.M.O.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Mopac that 293 pulling those Frontier cars looks great. I've always used a 302 to pull mine. That 293 looks a lot better.

Nice set there Tom especially since it is a Chestnut striped set.

Kenny

·
Registered
77 Posts
View attachment 539685

Ok, trying another pic. I used the paper clip. This should be a pic of a nice 293 I got from flyernut and Frontier cars.

Mopac, that is a great picture and a beautiful engine! I love the Frontier passenger cars, but I never cared for the engine that came with the set. Seeing those cars attached to a another engine makes a huge difference! Nice! (y)(y)

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,594
Thanks guys. I think that 293 would look good pulling anything. I might still use an Atlantic to pull
the Frontier cars. Most of my Atlantics have link couplers. I do have my recent purchase of a 303.
Its the Frankenstein loco. Only the shell is a 303. The rest is a 5 digit loco. Its a mess, but does
run good. Only paid 15.00 for it and it does have knuckle coupler. LOL, I have removed the reverse
unit from tender and wired it to only run in forward, which is fine with me. It is a Frankenstein.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Great pictures everyone! Lets keep posting pictures, the more we post the more will will learn how to make all the features in the new format useful.
I am still learning where specific items and information is located and retraining my eyes where to look for it on a quick scan. It appears the status name has been replaced by the hovering feature that shows a lot of detail. We all seem to be "Registered" with an American flag. My own screen name has a green dot in front of "AmFlyer". Wonder what that means.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,596 (Edited)
I think the green dot indicates you are online and somewhere on the forum.
I wonder why our location does not show. Like me in Missouri.

I just found out if you put your pointer on a name to the left it shows location.
LOL, still learning

Still do not like the new forum.

·
Registered
250 Posts
At a recent train show a fellow dealer approached me saying he had a Flyer set I may be interested in.Expecting another Atlantic Set was about to enter my life I said I would come see.To my surprise he had this 1959 Nighthawk Set from 1959.It was far from perfect ... dirty...non running engine...several cars missing steps or brake wheels but still very complete.After a bit of cleanup got it running and smoking again..
IMG_2805.jpg

Attachments

1581 - 1600 of 1618 Posts