Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a Piko specific form in English?

I am trying to track down a Piko part if possible. You can see one here in this video

I am interested specifically in the mechanism on which the NEM 362 coupler mounts. I have an (unknown manufacturer ) car with a nearly identical looking mount that is broken. I have seen variations on these but this looks identical.

These coupler mounts allow the coupler to extend on a turn allowing the cars to be closely couples without crashing the corners together on sharp turns.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
https://www.piko-america.com/pages/ho-scale

Contact tech support or customer service at the bottom of the page.

That is not how those couplers are removed. A pair of flat tip tweezers is used to squeeze those tabs together as the coupler is being gently pulled.

The Roco close couplers will allow nearly buffer to buffer contact on a straight section. The hook & loop are much farther apart.

Most European manufacturers use this type mount on their coaches to allow close coupling and without jamming up the cars in a curve. Piko should be able to provide replacement parts, though I've never had to contact them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is not my video, just one I found on Youtube. I use a very fine needle nose pliers. I know the benefits of those couplers which s why I need to try to replace the piece that holds the NEM pocket on.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I understood that it wasn't your video, but I wanted to add that information in case anyone else, here by chance, was thinking of replacing couplers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts