Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using O27 track and am tired of dealing with pins. Most of the track I bought used and pin fit is difficult. Can I replace the pins with joiners? If so, any recommendations as to which one would be appropriate for O27? I saw Atlas #6092 that I thought might fit.

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
I'd stick with what the manufacturer made in each case.

I've built layouts with both - a lot of both - and frankly the joiners are as difficult to work with as the pins, maybe more so.

If you are setting up a permanent layout you might want to do what I did, which is solder every junction. That takes time and skill but it ends forever any connection problems you have. Forever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lee. Good idea. Any hints as to what solder to use? Also, what difficulty did you find with joiners?

·
Admin
43,198 Posts
We have Atlas track on the modular club layout, and since they travel, they get beat up a bit. Hence, a lot of experience with joiners. I'm with Lee, stick with the pins for tubular track, I find the Atlas joiners to be somewhat of a PITA, and it's easy for them to develop poor connections just like pins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts