Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Nice pics, Bill.

As everyone has noticed, the forum has switched to updated software.

Bill, yours are the first pics I've seen "since the switch" that seem to be posted as actual "images" rather than thumbnails.

I was wondering if you would take a moment and explain (step-by-step) what you did to post them and get the results you've achieved above...?

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
J Albert1949, to be honest with you I don't know what the heck I did. Whatever I did, doubled up the 5 photos I posted. I did click on the full image and not the thumbnail button. I tried to find instructions to posting photos but was unsuccessful so I just went by the seat of my pants.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Bill wrote:
"I did click on the full image and not the thumbnail button. I tried to find instructions to posting photos but was unsuccessful so I just went by the seat of my pants."

Well, how about posting another image to this thread.
This time, write down each click that you make.
Then post a message telling us what you did...?

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the previous 3 photos I hit the paperclip which took me to my file photos. Clicked on the photo then clicked on full image, then refreshed the posting. Not sure if that is the proper sequence but it did work.

Bill

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
IMG_0337.JPG

Another test ... I just clicked on the insert pic image (to the right of the smiley). Then dragged and dropped a pic. Repeated that 3 times for the three pics: click the insert pic icon, drag and drop, click the insert icon, drag and drop ... Once a pic is at the beginning of a post, there doesn't seem to be a way to add text before it..

BTW: To edit you post after it's posted, go to the top of the post, there are 3 vertical dots on the right. Click that and the edit function will appear.

·
Registered
844 Posts
There seems to be more than "one way" to add an image, and different ways will produce different results as to how members can view the pic.

For example:
When I click (left click) on Bill's posted pics, the pic "expands" into another window, with a magnifying glass. Click the magnifier, and the pic grows to full size. Click the "x", and you're returned to the forum messages. (this seems to be "a feature" of the new forum software)

I get the same results with Millstonemike's posted images as well.

But...
If I try to do this with the images Bill Webb posted, it doesn't work.
Nothing happens.
However...
If I RIGHT CLICK on Bill Webb's image and then choose "open image in new window", it DOES open a new window, and the pic can now be enlarged to full-sized.

So I'm guessing that Mr. Webb is doing something different than Bill or Mike did.

One other thing -- you'll notice when you move the pointer over one of Mr. Webb's images, that it DOES NOT CHANGE the icon of the "pointer" to "a hand", suggesting that the image is not "left-clickable".

I've also noticed in other forum areas, that most pics that are getting posted using the new software are little more than "thumbnails", which you have to right-click to open anyway...

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Interesting. The first of these two pics were inserted using the picture icon (right of the smiley). That icon opens a drag and drop pop-up. I dropped the first pic into the pop-up. The second pic I just dragged and dropped into the body of the post. In both cases, the S/W then inserts a full size image. I deleted those images from the post body. At the bottom of the post, the "uploaded pics" are still there. I inserted them into the body using the thumbnail command. During the post, that's all you get, thumbnails. Once posted, you can click on the thumbnail image and the S/W will open the pic full size in a pop-up frame and allow you to advance to the next pic. So there doesn't seem to be much difference between using the pic icon or just dragging a pic into the body of the post.

Of note, when I advance through my pics in the posted post, there's an additional pic from another poster (And Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers).

SP Daylight Shasta.png
Williams Daylight.png

1 - 13 of 13 Posts