Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get passenger car window strips, plain without people silhouettes for the Lionel 2000 series cars. These can be original or repro.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I was going to try those sheets use to laminate letter size documents. I have some from my office. They have a slight frosting to them (perhaps to reduce glare for the intended use). But they also seem a little flimsy, like they'll need multiple mounting points.

And they need an inkjet printer (and probably a clear coat after printing). Don't use them in a laser jet. The heat will melt them a could ruin the printer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I cut my own from some poly file "wallets" from Staples. Walk around the store and you will probably find what you are looking for. I got some that were translucent (frosted). I'm sure there are clear ones available. It was just the right thickness for me.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
You have options to 'roll' your own so to speak. Clear film suitable fro ink jet or laser is available at office supply stores.

Grandpa made this church for his layout, but by the time i got it the tissue paper windows were gone. So, tissue paper is your first option. White will give you a frosted look if you light the cars.

2015-03-25 008.JPG

My idea was to download some stained glass windows and print them on clear film. What I did was to print them on plain white paper with my ink jet. Lit from behind the look fine.

For frosted, plain paper, tissue paper, plain paper with printed shades (blinds)

For clear with or without printing use office supply transparency films.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts