Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Does anyone sell a dual track Plate Girder Bridge in code83 even in a kit or do you just use two next to each other. I've seen multiple track bridges in the northeast but I can't seem to locate am HO one

·
Registered
6 Posts
many are available from different manufactures from cheap plastic to expensive brass & everything in between..Get the Walthers catalog

·
Registered
924 Posts
plate girderbridge h.o.scale railroad ties (thicker)

:( Does anyone sell a dual track Plate Girder Bridge in code83 even in a kit or do you just use two next to each other. I've seen multiple track bridges in the northeast but I can't seem to locate am HO one
I came across one for sale not yet used. Walthers cornerstone series plastic model of steel
plate girders double track. really nice plenty of rivets. I liked it so much I bought a brand
new one and spliced it into with the used one(not yet built. That gave me the proper length I
needed. The opening above the track looks it will be able to work with the taller newer loads
one see's on the railroads today. Very sturdy looking span.
You'll have to use your own track though. I would suggest getting the style track that
has the thicker type railroad ties. Regard's,tr1
Good luck!

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
There are a couple available -- Walthers Cornerstone and Central Valley, for two. There are over 3 dozen single track ones, though, and the kitbash you suggest would be very easy to do (especially with a kit vice a prefab model), so I would say that's your best bet.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Plate girder bridges

Al442;

There are many bridge kits available; from which you may be able to build almost any configuration of bridge you want. Here are a couple of kitbashes based on Micro Engineering's
beautifully detailed Plate girders. F.Y.I. this firm sells both complete bridge kits and just the main girders, in a four pack, as a separate item. I prefer to build a brass center section and glue the girders on after.

Note: The photos show N scale models, but I think they offer the same items in HO.

Traction Fan

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts