Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. I picked this up at a hobby store for $10. It runs, I have all the parts. IMG952013010295164918.jpg

IMG952013010295165018.jpg

I'm not a diesel person and I don't really want this. The only reason I picked it up is because it was so cheap and thought I might sell it to someone who might want it for a project or just for a play around toy. Any ideas on how much it would be worth?

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,868 Posts
$10 bucks.:p

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well...that's disappointing. O well. Maybe someone can pick it up cheap then. :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now it has none on it. I do have them, just never put them one. I don't think I can really answer you're question. I will take a picture.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I was thinking when I first got it. Somewhere in between $20 and $30.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
ok, you have the X-2 horn hooks (would recomend swapping to the Kadee Knuckles if you can), If I didn't already have enough trains I would grab that off you for $10 (if it were BNSF or BN id be all over it LOL)

also if you can take a vid of it, running and all that do so, that will help people see how well it works and all...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Runs fine in both directions. I will try to get a video up. The light works and everything. Has good pulling power to, due to weight.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,868 Posts
I should have said at least $10 bucks.:D

I think $19.99 sounds better then $20.;)

Where you going to list it e bay?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will probably put it on here, along with craigslist.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone who is interested, let me know. I think i'm going to stick with $20 plus shipping. Still thinking though.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I think you should be able to get $20 easy if it runs well forward and reverse
Hence the comment about said video ;) remember pictures will speak volumes compaired to just words...videos more so....that will also help justify asking for the amount your going to ask ($20), but with out a video I usually will not go in at full asking price until I have seen the item either run in person or a good quality video of it running...but thats just me ;)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will see what I can do. All I will do in video is run it back and forth.(Not able to run it with cars or layout, currently at different location)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually, my names Adam. The john part of john65002 is the first part of my last name. I am located in Iowa.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also, I have no batteries for my camera.(I used phone for pictures) I will try to get a video up on here sometime though!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts