Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this set may be out dated a little and it is not as big as it used to be, but does anyone know if Lionel is making anymore Polar Express cars?

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
They've made many different ones over the years, and among other things have made "scale" (at least the loco) and traditional size in O-guage with cars of matching size for them. Which size specifically are you most interested in?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O-27, but what the heck why not collect the all the cars. I slightly remember the heavy weight passenger cars.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Wow. I'm not sure about how many of the O-27. I think between all the different types of cars (Hot Chocolate car, etc., and the slight variations I understand they made in look of the cars - I think they varied slightly in several series, I think there are gobs of them.

If I wanted to collect them I would just start, making sure that: a) I had lots of shelves, b) I had a system to make sure I knew if I already had a particular car, should I suddenly see it for sale and think "I need that." (I collect diecast cars for my layout and recently bought a car I had forgotten I already owned.).

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,021 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,021 Posts
I get the bill and pay it. Always.
No fees, no nothing, it is like free money for a month.

They must hate us. :p

P

·
0 Posts
Lionel continues to offer the 0-27 set in various configurations with the add-on passenger cars. It probably is their best selling set, ever.

And as Lee has said, they offered for the "Big Boy" Polar Express fans a scale 1225 Berkshire in both black and gold versions with scale matching passenger cars.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
I get the bill and pay it. Always.
No fees, no nothing, it is like free money for a month.

They must hate us. :p
No they love it. I do the same as you - pay it off montly. The credit cadr companies make good $$ from fees charged to merchants to process their sales. They love to charge interest to those who carry a balance on their card, but they will happily let people who pay off the balance each month ride almost cost-free to get those fees from the sellers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts