Model Train Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." Groucho Marx

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never went far away, just sat, lurking around the coroner.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,697 Posts
I see the big lock coming soon. ha ha ha

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." Groucho Marx
Seems like someone took Groucho’s definition and built a political career around it..... :LOL:

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it might have a chance if only everyone keeps laughing and doesn't start getting nasty. WORDUP ------- WILLPOWER

Reactions: The USRA Guy

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,697 Posts
OK.......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..............yeah right. :rolleyes:
The hammer will fall, just might take a bit.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning......................

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, that's pretty weak, I have faith in the system, and the integrity of our most faithful membership.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think that most members can handle this thread, but it only takes two to get this one locked up. Hopefully it will stay open, but when "politics" comes to mind, I don't really think of peaceful exchanges of words...Who knows though, its just my pessimistic opinion😛 Either way, I'm laughing while its still going😅

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yankee Doodle went to town
A-riding on a pony,
Stuck a feather in his cap
And called it macaroni.

Just leave your political hats on the shelf and have a laugh, a chuckle, a smile, and some happiness.

Reactions: The USRA Guy

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
In British conversation, the term "Yankee doodle dandy" implied unsophisticated misappropriation of high-class fashion, as though simply sticking a feather in one's cap would make one noble. Peter McNeil, professor of fashion studies, claims that the British were insinuating that the colonists were low-class men lacking masculinity, emphasizing that the American men were womanly.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Didn't know about Daniel Boone apparently. He was no popinjay.

"Whoso belongs only to his age references only its popinjays and mumbo
jumbos."
Thomas Carlyle, 1864.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Before I retired and sold most of the land, I farmed approximately 6500 acres and had about double that in pasture. That's a lot of miles of 4 wire barbed wire to maintain. I think I've used just about every kind of post available - metal T posts, Missouri oak, creasote, penta, and thay all worked pretty good. But one day this fella came along and had a truckload of political posts for sale. I was not exactly sold on them, but they were really cheap and I figured I couldn't go wrong. Boy, was I fooled. Couldn't get them to stand up straight. They always wanted to lean one way or the other, depending on which way the wind blew. They wouldn't hold up the fence - acted more like the wires should hold them up. And no matter how straight I laid the fence out, it always seemed like it ended up a bit crooked. I finally pulled them out and tried using them for firewood, but they ended up all smoke and no heat. Finally built a compost pile using them and they're performing wonderfully. They're at their best containing rotted vegetation and doses of manure.

I don't think I'll try investing in political posts again:cool:

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Didn't know about Daniel Boone apparently. He was no popinjay.

"Whoso belongs only to his age references only its popinjays and mumbo
jumbos."
Thomas Carlyle, 1864.
Bob, the Brits were probably referring to those that wore the wigs in the early days.....;)

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I spied a political bird.
Alas, it could not fly.

The left wing
would not work
in conjunction
with the right wing

Reactions: bewhole

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How did we ever form a government? Everyone was out attending the Whig Party.

Reactions: bewhole
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.