• 81 - 85

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 85 +

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
How old are you? I think it would be interesting to see how many users of the forum fall in which age bracket.

What age group dominates the forum, how many younger folks are coming in or already in the hobby and who are the oldest users.馃憤

Should be fun.

Registered
I have read articles suggesting that the average model railroader is a Male between 55 and 75. Your preliminary results seem to bear that out.

Registered
This poll is very interesting but it reflects actually date of age only.

More interesting would be how long or since when you the got infected by the "Virus Mobanicus" like we say in good old Germany (MoBa is the shorten of Modellbahn = Hobby Model Railroad or Model Railway) "Virus Mobanicus" is also the model RR Virus, what holds lifelong.

I got infected by that model RR Virus when I was a young lad of 6 years around 44 years ago.

Registered
I am actually surprised to see that 41.35 % are under 60.
Maybe there is some hope for the hobby.

Registered
I think because the great majority come here to ask a question and never return. Or they are here to sell a relative's estate and we never see them again.

Active membership is likely to be less than 200.

Registered
Well, I've been at it off and on since about 5 and steady since 1980. I'm now 80 and still building although slower. :)
I'm with you Roger.

Seems I'm the only one (so far) to have punched the 81-85 button. Not a drive-by either, I'm here for the duration. :)

Bob

Registered
Where's the option for "older than dirt?"

Seriously, I'm only just 55, a bit younger than the majority so far, but my body feels like it's over 150. Went straight to hell overnight when I turned 50.

I'm thinking of changing my name to Methuselah.

Registered
I didn't mention my age when I first posted on page 1 but I am also 85+.
ASnd I still play with my trains.

Registered
If it matters to anyone, yes we have over 20,000 members ....
but , in 2019 only 2400 have visited [80 pages times 30 per page] ..
so the numbers should be 'adjusted' a bit ..
note: that this number does NOT include guests, which -may- be members, but choose not to log in or post ..

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
I started the POLL and forgot to vote my age!

I think because the great majority come here to ask a question and never return. Or they are here to sell a relative's estate and we never see them again.

Active membership is likely to be less than 200.
I would have to agree with you there. although I am not a long term member and even still hot and cold with visiting the site. I will say that I visit no other of the Hobby forums except this one.

I tend to visit and stay a while. Its sort of like YouTube. You go on YouTube to see how to do this or that then 4 hours later I am way off my original topic watching something that I have no idea why I am even watching it. :laugh:

Registered
I would have to agree with you there. although I am not a long term member and even still hot and cold with visiting the site. I will say that I visit no other of the Hobby forums except this one.

I tend to visit and stay a while. Its sort of like YouTube. You go on YouTube to see how to do this or that then 4 hours later I am way off my original topic watching something that I have no idea why I am even watching it. :laugh:
Mark, what part of tn are you in? I'm also in tn and always selling some sort of model train stuff.

Registered
73 years old here. Got my first American Flyer set in 1954 from Santa. Ran that train for a good many years then cars and girls got in the way. After that it was drag racing and Harleys. Somewhere in there began an HO layout. One of several, all the while buying American Flyer with a long range goal in mind in that gauge. Now officially American Flyer runner/collector for a solid 30 years. Still enjoy it with no plans to stop now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts