Model Train Forum banner

461 - 463 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
Well got away from work early today, and thought I would take a look at what has been going on. Man a lot of new posts. Will spend the evening looking thru them.

I have decided to close in the layout, meaning building a wall on the east side and putting a top over the layout, with recessed lights and all. This will be the next big project. I am building it with box tubing so I can use the area above the layout for storage and not lose all of my garage space. Hoping to pick up the steel this week.

Unfortunately I was supposed to have retired last June, and now have contracts to work thru September of 2021. Thanks to my friend and owner of the company. lol Not sure I can complete this or not. Scheduled to go to Europe and Egypt in October of of 2021.

I really hate not being able to work on the layout, had thought I would be full time on it by now. Alas I guess good health brings on other problems. I will take the good health and no layout work over the alternative I guess.

I am really going to work on doing some work on the layout, and spend more time on the site. Keep up the good work guys.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
Got off work due to rain in Temecula area. Raced home, sun shining and ready to go to work on the layout. Need to move the wife's sports car out of the garage. Of course it started raining the instant I went back out side. Will clean around the layout at least.

Did get half the steel ordered for the wall and second story of the garage ordered. Will pay for the other half on Monday, then can move forward on that action. Once it is built can put in the AC/Heat pump so I can work on it any time. Maybe someday.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #463
Again time flies. Just so busy with work and training for Senior Games in Utah. Have done several mountain bike trips to Utah, Colorado, Arizona and to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon riding the Rainbow Rim Trail.

Another trip planned for the first week of October. Again to Arizona, stopping in Utah for the Senior Games and then possibly to Durango, Colorado.

Losing my eyesight and mountain biking still is more important than the model rail road. I can see fine up close but the vision I need to mountain bike is going, so doing as much of it as I can while I can.

I have all the steel for the wall and ceiling of the train room. Will work on it towards the end of October and hopefully be able to work on the layout thru the winter with heat and AC installed. I was in the shop yesterday and heard the layout telling me I needed to get going again.

461 - 463 of 463 Posts