Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live across the street from P&W's maintenance shop so I get to see almost all their equipment daily. It's interesting, mainly because of the "old" recycled equipment that they use. They now have an old SD-9 that is completely rusted out that is doing alot of local switching, a GP9 that they consist up with newer equipment. Plus, they have alot of Geeps that are still painted in SF schemes but with shiny new P&W logos on them. I finally picked myself up an HO Atlas GP39-2 in P&W paint and put a NCE decoder in it. It will be the pride of my layout as I have tried to mimick my neighborhood. I should start snapping photos of their engines and put them up, it's pretty entertaining.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Dozer, that sounds interesting. Imagine having a layout in the basement, and the mirror-image in real life across the street!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dozer, that sounds interesting. Imagine having a layout in the basement, and the mirror-image in real life across the street!
That's pretty much what I'm shootin' for lol....

It's a pretty interesting build, mainly because P&W still operates through alot of abandonded logging mills and even some bypassed railroads that now lead to nowhere. So, I'm sure people are going to ask why I have track that lead up the mountain on my layout and just stop lol......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts