Model Train Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

Registered
I am so excited to see your progress, can't wait to see color in the valley and a babbling brook. I can see salmon jumping out of the water and swimming upstream already!!! Are you modeling the scene in your head or from a picture from printed literature? So exciting!!! 馃榾
Where did you get the vehicle bridge railing? ...from a slotcar track kit? The road planks came out nice too.

Registered
Can you elaborate on what you used to cover the styrafoam... did you use Hydrocal? Plaster of Paris? As you know, white is so uniformed I am curious what you do to define rock from unmoved earth to graded terrian when molding the final terrian before paint. Or is it just "do it" and add or flatten as needed? Looks like you already have some tire ruts in the earth so it looks like you already have the plan in you mind. I have problems envisioning things when everything is the same color, especially white while working with hydrocal.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I used Sculptamold. As for the terrain on this diorama, I will use a combination of grasses, bushes and trees along the hillsides and river embankments. The season I will be depicting will be late fall early winter. There will be no rock outcroppings. I still have to add a pier along the riverbank.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Placing trees. Still need to clean and straighten them. After that I will paint the trees. I will not be placing too much foliage if any since this diorama is set during late fall.
Automotive tire Wheel Slope Tire Wall

Plant Branch Twig Bedrock Wood

Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire Plant

Automotive tire Wood Water Automotive exterior Asphalt

Plant Branch Road surface Twig Natural landscape

Tire Car Plant Wheel Vehicle

Plant Vehicle Water Motor vehicle Road surface

Composite material Hat Gas Powder Chemical compound

Wood Tints and shades Glass Road surface Winter

Automotive tire Twig Road surface Freezing Asphalt

41 - 60 of 67 Posts